Dust inside the top of FCR carb.

2 replies to this topic
  • tomontgomery

Posted July 06, 2012 - 11:57 AM

Every time I take the top off of my FCR carb I find dust. Sometimes it is only on the underside of the cap. Other times it is all over the inside of the cap and slide area. Where is it coming from and how can I stop it? Anyone else having this problem? Not my first FCR but the first time I have had this problem. Also finding fine dirt particles in the bowl. The air cleaner, boot and box are clean.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • William1

Posted July 06, 2012 - 12:56 PM

The dust is coming in via the five carb vent lines. You can use a catch can and a single filter on that or put tiny filters on each of the lines.

• kawi380

Posted July 06, 2012 - 02:28 PM

I just make sure and clean the carb from time to time. In ~5000miles I have not noticed that this fine stuff has harmed the valves at all, but I just don't like it.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.