Quiet this thing down

6 replies to this topic
  • Pyroted

Posted October 30, 2003 - 10:20 AM

My riding Buddy has a 2000 WR400 with a FMF power core4 Spark Arrestor. It is not quiet enough and is looking for a new SA Muffler that is as close to 96 db as possible. Any help out there. He thought it was a Q series but just told me it's a power core.

• sjw

Posted October 30, 2003 - 10:29 AM

it probably needs to be re-packed

• Pyroted

Posted October 30, 2003 - 10:52 AM

It's been repacked but is still loud. Is the new Q series mufflers quieter. How loud is your 450 with the Q muffler?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • sjw

Posted October 30, 2003 - 01:21 PM

my exhaust is only 8 months old.I never have had it checked for sound dec. but its not loud at all.

• Dean400

Posted October 30, 2003 - 03:23 PM

I think all the sound checks are inaccurate anyway. Every event that I go to, there is at least an 8 decibel discrepancy between sound checks.

• endurodog

Posted October 30, 2003 - 06:02 PM

My WR450 with the Q tested at under 96 both times I had it tested.

• ogrebelle

Posted October 31, 2003 - 02:20 PM

I love the "Q"

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.