Clutch

1 reply to this topic
  • MitchS

Posted September 25, 2001 - 09:06 PM

I am trying to lengthen the clutch actuator arm of my 98 YZ400 to reduce the clutch pull.

I have removed the holding screw and plate, but the actuator arm only lifts up about an 1/16" , then stops.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Hick

Posted September 25, 2001 - 12:52 PM

The arm is probably catching on the actuating rod, I believe you will need to at least loosen the clutch springs from the other side, creating some space between the rod and arm so the arm will come out. I think.

I know there is a bearing in the cases, just under the seal, that the arm rides on, but I don’t recall there being a circlip or anything holding the arm in the cases…

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.