finished my yz fork swap

9 replies to this topic
  • pairodice

Posted July 03, 2012 - 11:16 AM

finished my 07 yz fork swap today on my 03 wr450. all i can say is wow. i changed springs , oil level , oil weight and installed gold valves and these forks work better stock. good bye mid stroke harshness. i will load some pics when i get a chance. total cost 350.00. Any one interested in a stock set of 03 wr forks , fork springs, stock triple clamps or protaper upper big bar clamp. thanks guys for the info all parts bolted right up

• MANIAC998

Posted July 03, 2012 - 01:33 PM

You changed the springs, oil level, oil weight, & installed Gold Valves, and you are surprised they work better than stock? I should hope they would work better than stock.
Maniac

• pairodice

Posted July 03, 2012 - 07:26 PM

no sorry for the confusion i installed all those parts in my 03 wr forks the 07 yz forks work better box stock

• n16ht5

Posted July 03, 2012 - 08:03 PM

pics or it didn't happen

• 07wr250

Posted July 04, 2012 - 01:18 PM

Do they beat you up over the rough stuff?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • pairodice

Posted July 05, 2012 - 03:39 PM

Do they beat you up over the rough stuff?

not bad i read 07 yz were a bit rough. one of my riding buddies has one, i rode it and it was very stiff and choppy but i think the added girth of the wr actually helps

• Navaho6

Posted July 05, 2012 - 07:35 PM

Been thinking about doing this to my '06. Would you please share the details?

• pairodice

Posted July 06, 2012 - 10:00 AM

Been thinking about doing this to my '06. Would you please share the details?

What do u want to know . yours is easy since you already have 48mm triple clamps, just find forks and bolt them on

• Navaho6

Posted July 24, 2012 - 03:41 AM

I wish it were that simple. The yz axle doesn't fit up right when the WR stock clamps are used. I was curious to know if the '07 yz triple clamps would work on the '06 WR steel frame. Looks like they do. Did you have to make any adjustments?

• pairodice

Posted July 28, 2012 - 01:31 PM

I wish it were that simple. The yz axle doesn't fit up right when the WR stock clamps are used. I was curious to know if the '07 yz triple clamps would work on the '06 WR steel frame. Looks like they do. Did you have to make any adjustments?

I am not sure on your bike but i got an axle with the yz front end and side by side they look the same. yz triples will bolt in fine but you will have to get creative with the lower headlight mount. the only part that is different is the axle nut. the wr has a steel tapered one the yz is alum flat washer type

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.