FI 450's any tall guys using the rear bar mounts?

4 replies to this topic
  • upnorthbacon

Posted July 01, 2012 - 12:38 PM

I've had my bars in the forward position on my 2011 since I bought it. Every time I hop on a different buddies bike they seem to have the bars further back than mine. Now I'm wondering if there's a disadvantage to having the bars forward? I'm going to swap it to the back position tomorrow and try it but it got me wondering.

• asnyder2

Posted July 01, 2012 - 04:30 PM

Mine came with the bars in the rear position and one day was just sitting on the bike and just felt cramped, so I decided to move them to the forward position and never looked back. Felt immediate difference for the better, felt I was better able to maintain good posture and position. I should probably mention I'm 6'2 and don't have exactly short arms. Keep us posted on your findings!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • merk57

Posted July 02, 2012 - 04:56 PM

i bought 2010 from a big dude like 6'2" and he had em foreword... i hated it (I'm about 5'11" 155lbs.) i put em to the rear position and never looked back. my 2 cents is try em back, if u like it great, if not put me back foreword, only takes a couple mins at the track in between practices. its nice we have the option to do that now! also, i got rid of the pro tapers and went with the renthal twin walls windham bend, night and day difference for my likings, I'm not fond of tapers.

• chilwil86

Posted July 02, 2012 - 05:12 PM

I'm 6'4" forward mount carmicheal hi bend

• upnorthbacon

Posted July 04, 2012 - 12:17 PM

I'm 6'2 and I rode with them in the rear position and it felt like I was fighting to keep myself back. I went back to the front position again and I feel more balanced. I'm also running Cr High bars on mine too. I bought some Pastrana FMX bars to help with standing, but in the end I don't think I'm quite tall enough for them and stuck with my CR High's. If anyone's interested I still have them and they are like new.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.