Glad i did it myself!

8 replies to this topic
  • 802wrRider

Posted July 01, 2012 - 08:41 AM

so i have to say, i've only been riding bikes for three years now and up until this year i have been very skeptical about doing my own engine work. i have to give everyone here that helped me out and gave me advise a big thank you. i officially and successfully checked/adjusted my valves and am very glad that i did. there is something to be said about doing the work on your own and the sense of accomplishment you get when everything works/runs better when youre done. so again, thank you all for your help and words of wisdom!!!

• Just_a_trail_rider

Posted July 01, 2012 - 09:27 AM

• allterra

Posted July 01, 2012 - 02:38 PM

know you know and can help others :devil:

• 802wrRider

Posted July 01, 2012 - 06:47 PM

and i hope i can help!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MANIAC998

Posted July 01, 2012 - 06:53 PM

Not only the sense of accomplishment, but a pile of money left in your wallet too!!! :devil:

• 802wrRider

Posted July 01, 2012 - 07:25 PM

yah total cost of of my valve adjustment was $5. sure beets the $100 that the shop would have charged me!!!!

• mOdD

Posted July 02, 2012 - 09:53 AM

Could a non mechanical person like me adjust the valves without too much trouble?

• MANIAC998

Posted July 02, 2012 - 06:41 PM

Perhaps, but only you know for sure. Do you have the manual? Do you have a torque wrench? Feeler gauges? With these tools, and our help, we should be able to help guide you thru the process.

• 802wrRider

Posted July 03, 2012 - 03:45 AM

having the right tool for the job is key!. i look at it as an opportunity to add tools to my collection when i tackle something on my bike that i never had before. and who doesnt want more tools! haha

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.