K&N Air Filters

6 replies to this topic
  • xXNewfie709Xx

Posted June 30, 2012 - 04:43 AM

Hey all!

Im a new 2012 WR450 owner! Just picked up my bike a few weeks ago and a fellow rider sugested that I pick up a new K&N Air Filter for her. I was wondering If anyone here runs one or knows if this is a good purchase for her? Thanks guys!

Edited by xXNewfie709Xx, June 30, 2012 - 04:47 AM.

• GlennR

Posted June 30, 2012 - 08:59 AM

I'm no expert, but I've read that the K&N isn't good enough filtration for dirt. I think most riders go with Uni or NoToil for non-OEM air filters.

• xXNewfie709Xx

Posted June 30, 2012 - 11:57 AM

Thanks! Any info will help :devil:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • n16ht5

Posted June 30, 2012 - 10:43 PM

Stick with the OEM filter... 0.5hp gain is not worth sucking dirt in and destroying your valves and cyl. I wont run anything but the OEM filters or UNI. They provide the best filtration. keep them clean and oiled and you will have a happy bike. Get a YZF exhaust and power programmer for more go juice

• MANIAC998

Posted July 01, 2012 - 07:14 PM

Stay away from the K&N! As the others on here have said, it just doesn't have the filtering capabilities for the off-road enviroment that Dirtbikes live in.

• xXNewfie709Xx

Posted July 02, 2012 - 07:16 PM

awesome info guys thanks!

• cwallershasta

Posted July 03, 2012 - 10:58 AM

+ 1 for stock or Uni, stay away from a K&N filter. At least for your dirt bike anyway.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.