'08 WR450 PLastics etc.

6 replies to this topic
  • mOdD

Posted June 29, 2012 - 05:48 AM

Hey all! Picked up a '08wr450 last week and was wondering where to get new plastics for a cheap price? Was also wondering is that coolant bottle under the rear fender supposed to be empty and just for overflow when hot?
This thing has 1900km's on it.....should I check out the valves? What else should I look out for on this thing?

All new technology for me compared to the old XR!

• GlennR

Posted June 29, 2012 - 06:38 AM

You need a manual. Here's the Yamaha link for it. http://www.yamahaown...ook.com.au/?r=0

I don't know about the plastics. Shouldn't be too hard to find. Try ebay for brand names and to compare prices with the M/C stores.

The rear coolant resevoir is normally empty.

Have fun with your new toy. :devil:

• Mtn-Track

Posted June 29, 2012 - 08:27 AM

Best to keep a little extra coolant in the res so when the radiators purge they can suck back in all they need when they cool. Without anything in the line or res the rad's will suck some air back in, not all coolant.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • The Hopper Show

Posted June 29, 2012 - 04:01 PM

polisport brand on motorcycle superstore websight. just bought front and rear fenders and rad scoops for $29 shipped. cant get any cheaper than that. and they are of very nice quality.

• mOdD

Posted July 01, 2012 - 09:06 AM

Thanks for the tips guys. I'm going to check out that motorcycle superstore sight.
Blew a fork seal yesterday also so I'll have to pick couple of those up.

• timotheus

Posted July 08, 2012 - 09:52 AM

There's a moulded plastic line about an inch from the bottom of the coolant overflow bottle. Keep it topped up to that line.

• Bandit9

Posted July 09, 2012 - 05:32 AM

Yeah, the rear bottle is supposed have coolant in it, I keep it filled to the molded line.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.