multi-use 08 WR450 chassis set-up

No replies to this topic
  • agent55

Posted June 28, 2012 - 10:49 AM

Hi all, it's been a long time since I've visited TT, but I'm finally returning to dirt and am planning on picking up a stock 08 WR450 very soon. Besides using it for casual trail riding, I'm going to plate it, add 17's and ride some supermoto tracks with it too. While I totally understand there's no way it can do all of these things exceptionally well using one general set-up, I'm wondering if anyone could give some insight into a good compromise chassis-wise. I'm concerned mainly with changing the triple clamps to a lesser offset (but not too much) to strike a balance between decent supermoto handling and still having a usable trail machine, I've seen Zip-Ty's 17mm offset clamps and am wondering if anyone can chime in with their thoughts on going that far on a bike that will see anything from a supermoto track to woods riding. Also wondering about having the forks/shock re-sprung/valved to give as broad of characteristics as possible via-dampening changes. My riding experience is primarily roadrace, and I'm kind of a newb in the dirt with a little MX experience and limited trail seat time. Sorry for the lengthy post and thanks in advance!

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.