got a moose skid plate

10 replies to this topic
  • The Hopper Show

Posted June 27, 2012 - 09:16 PM

should i have gotten a utah sport cycle skid instead? the moose plate has clamps that go over your frame tubes. does the ricochet plate mount the same? does it mount better? or should i not sweat it and just run the moose skid?

• n16ht5

Posted June 27, 2012 - 09:38 PM

pics pics pics...

my ricochet has one frame tube mount, 3 bolts into frame otherwise. works nice, made in USA

• The Hopper Show

Posted June 27, 2012 - 09:41 PM

give me an hour and a half and i can get pics. at work currently.

• The Hopper Show

Posted June 27, 2012 - 09:49 PM

reading old threads on here. can anyone confirm that utah sport cycle/ricochet makes moose skid? are they identical and one in the same?

• td42ti

Posted June 28, 2012 - 01:44 AM

Ricochet has three bolts at the front and two frame clamps at the rear.

Not sure who makes the moose though?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MANIAC998

Posted June 28, 2012 - 03:01 AM

My GYTR plate mounts to the stock mounting locations and is imperveous to damage! I wouldn't trade it for any other!
Maniac

• Rapper1

Posted June 28, 2012 - 03:43 AM

Maniac, do you have a link to your plate?
-Rapper

• MANIAC998

Posted June 28, 2012 - 05:00 PM

Rapper1, No link, but GYTR stands for Genuine Yamaha Technology Racing. So you can order one up from your local Yamaha dealer.
Maniac

• JTucker

Posted June 28, 2012 - 06:41 PM

As far as I know Moose, Ricochet and Enduro Engineering skid plates are all the same.

• The Hopper Show

Posted June 28, 2012 - 07:34 PM

Ricochet has three bolts at the front and two frame clamps at the rear.

Not sure who makes the moose though?

sounds exactly like mine.
i am just going to run it.

• td42ti

Posted June 28, 2012 - 11:17 PM

sounds exactly like mine.
i am just going to run it.

Run it, I live in North Queensland Australia (Rocky and Volcanic) and the Ricochet protects my bike really well. Not a ding on it and it has landed on some sharp hard rocks.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.