California-Southern

can i ride my 2 stroke dirtbike in cali?

22 replies to this topic
  • dudeman702

Posted 27 June 2012 - 03:25 PM

just bought a cr250. i live in phoenix. i heard that they arent allowed in cali. is this true?

• RuggedRadios1

Posted 27 June 2012 - 03:30 PM

just bought a cr250. i live in phoenix. i heard that they arent allowed in cali. is this true?

As long as its a registered dirt bike you can ride it!

• msgtretired

Posted 27 June 2012 - 03:33 PM

red sticker bike, which cuts down the locations you can ride outside red sticker season

• TheKoolAidMadeMeSick

Posted 27 June 2012 - 03:34 PM

Whoa there, lets be accurate about this.

You can ride any two-stroke on any legal riding area, any time of year, if it is 2002 or older.

You can ride any two stroke on any TRACK, no matter what year, any time you want.

You CANNOT ride a two stroke past 2002 on any OHV or ORV riding area during Red Sticker season.

Seasons:

http://ohv.parks.ca....ing Seasons.pdf

• msgtretired

Posted 27 June 2012 - 03:35 PM

cool. krannie to the rescue with a thorough answer.

• dudeman702

Posted 27 June 2012 - 03:38 PM

well mine is an 01 so am i sol?

• RuggedRadios1

Posted 27 June 2012 - 03:42 PM

You can ride any two-stroke on any legal riding area, any time of year, if it is 2002 or older.

You can ride any two stroke on any TRACK, no matter what year, any time you want.

You CANNOT ride a two stroke past 2002 on any OHV or ORV riding area during Red Sticker season.

Seasons:

http://ohv.parks.ca....g%20Seasons.pdf

whew rookie mistake on my part. Been to long of a day, this^^^^ is the answer to your question

• msgtretired

Posted 27 June 2012 - 03:46 PM

well mine is an 01 so am i sol?

[according to the rule krannie stated, a 2002 or older, which is your 2001, it's green sticker, meaning, year round riding.

• dudeman702

Posted 27 June 2012 - 03:49 PM

sweet. i was kind of bummed when i heard that. but if it was true there is some good dune riding around las vegas.

• PALMER84ONE

Posted 27 June 2012 - 04:33 PM

Cool the turbo jets kids! He is "out of state" all he needs is the OHV sticker sold by most big dealers for out of state riders. No need to worry about the year if you have an out of state ID and bike. It is us who gets screwed for the 2002 and newer race/2T bikes.

• TheKoolAidMadeMeSick

Posted 27 June 2012 - 05:24 PM

Cool the turbo jets kids! He is "out of state" all he needs is the OHV sticker sold by most big dealers for out of state riders. No need to worry about the year if you have an out of state ID and bike. It is us who gets screwed for the 2002 and newer race/2T bikes.

Turbo face is right. He wins the prize:
Posted Image

• jlmotox

Posted 27 June 2012 - 05:25 PM

sweet. i was kind of bummed when i heard that. but if it was true there is some good dune riding around las vegas.

If you live outside of Cali then it doesn't matter just get a out of state permit. Also I think all of the sand dunes in Cali are year round. But with that said most sand dunes in Cali are un-rideable during the summer months where it can easily be 100+ degs.

Also Las Vegas is in Nevada...

Edited by jlmotox, 27 June 2012 - 05:26 PM.

• PALMER84ONE

Posted 27 June 2012 - 06:10 PM

Turbo face is right. He wins the prize:
Posted Image

I can't wait to meet you in person. I know we are going to be best buds. You just live to far away dam it! Where is the hug emoji? :banghead: :devil:

I missed the Las Vegas post, that place is in Nevada. :ride:

Edited by PALMER84ONE, 27 June 2012 - 06:11 PM.

• TheKoolAidMadeMeSick

Posted 27 June 2012 - 06:58 PM

I can't wait to meet you in person. I know we are going to be best buds. You just live to far away dam it! Where is the hug emoji? :banghead: :devil:

I missed the Las Vegas post, that place is in Nevada. :ride:

Come ride the SoCal vertical rock trails with us.

• msgtretired

Posted 27 June 2012 - 07:02 PM

bring on the bacon

• TheKoolAidMadeMeSick

Posted 27 June 2012 - 07:27 PM

bring on the bacon

By bacon, he means Rocks. Covered in Bacon.

• PALMER84ONE

Posted 28 June 2012 - 05:21 AM

Come ride the SoCal vertical rock trails with us.

:devil: LPNF?

I love that place. Need to get up to that again but I am heading to Colorado next month for 2 weeks. Going to get a tour of the ST in Steamboat Springs from my neph. Then hammer down some twisty tarmac, and do some river rafting.

• johnrunner89

Posted 28 June 2012 - 09:16 AM

Seasons:

http://ohv.parks.ca....g%20Seasons.pdf

This. But to clarify even more. There are several public riding places in California that allow Red Sticker bikes year round.

• TheKoolAidMadeMeSick

Posted 28 June 2012 - 12:33 PM

This. But to clarify even more. There are several public riding places in California that allow Red Sticker bikes year round.

You can't mention 'there are places' unless you list them.

• johnrunner89

Posted 28 June 2012 - 02:21 PM

You can't mention 'there are places' unless you list them.

Yes, I can. As I already have mentioned that and won't take it back :devil: :ride:

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

Register Close
If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.