Anybody at Elsinore see the CR450 get wadded?

8 replies to this topic
  • fastkevin

Posted September 22, 2001 - 03:56 PM

Fonseca, Mcgrath and a few other pros were out at Elsinore today. Saw Ramsey(was told it was Nathan) take a brand new 450 out, and within a lap, saw it come back with the back end all wadded up (fender, silencer at 90deg., rims bent) Was told that there was a big collision between he and Mcgrath and somebody got taken off. Did not see the crash or anybody get taken off Was wondering if anybody else knows the "real" story.

• SchlepRock

Posted September 23, 2001 - 05:42 PM

Didnt hear about the crash, but did hear how the CRF450 was stolen at a bike show, here is the report...
http://www.motorcycl...ndacrf450r.html

------------------
'01 TTR 125L(wifes) 2000 DRZ E
IMS 4.2gal tank, DSP frame protectors, DSP fork guards, Acerbis DHH Light, Renthal Bars, Yosh Full Race Ti system, Topeak computer setup, 13 front sprocket, WER Skidplate, Thumper Racing Radiator braces/guards, Moose Handguards with Deflectors, WER Steering stabilizer, Scotts Shark Fin, watter wetter. Brake light wiring conversion, Need suspension done...and many more to come.... Where is the kickstart on this thing....

• MotoGreg

Posted September 24, 2001 - 05:11 AM

At a bike show? I thought it was MX Racer magazine's test bike that got stolen out of the back of their truck while they were inside a resturant?

------------------
'92 GSXR 7/11 - 4 sale, click link
'99 YZ400F - New pics!
'02 Honda CR450F

• fastkevin

Posted September 24, 2001 - 05:30 AM

I don't think we're talking about the same bike. The bike that got wadded up had Nathan Ramsey on it (future factory CRF rider). So I think he probably had it with their blessing.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MotoGreg

Posted September 24, 2001 - 11:06 AM

Fastkevin, go back and read SchlepRock's post again. We are talking about the bike that got stolen, not the one Ramsey crashed.

------------------
'99 YZ400F - New pics!
'02 Honda CR450F

• fastkevin

Posted September 24, 2001 - 11:21 AM

MotoGreg; Go back and read the thread topic again. It's about the one that crashed. Hence the reply about the two not being the same. When you want to set a new topic, you can hit the "Post new topic" icon. Make sense ?

• MotoGreg

Posted September 24, 2001 - 03:04 PM

Calm down there speedy. I'm not the one who changed the topic, I was just trying to clarify the facts. :)

------------------
'99 YZ400F - New pics!
'02 Honda CR450F

• fastkevin

Posted September 24, 2001 - 04:22 PM

Thanks there Greggie, but I can read.

• Ga426owner1

Posted September 25, 2001 - 08:11 AM

I want to know about the CRF450 Crash between McGrath & Ramsey?????? Anyone have the poop on this??????

Related Content

Forums
Photo
Motocross

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Reviews

Yamaha YZ450F 2017 by Chris.GVS

Yamaha YZ450F 2017
  • - - - - -
  • 0 reviews
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.