Canyon Raceway

6 replies to this topic
  • G-Man

Posted September 22, 2001 - 11:25 AM

I need a break, the AZOTMX gang is racing out at Canyon tonight along with the regular program. They claim to have a "revamped" track, I've lost count how many times I 've heard that.

Stop off at Fahita's on the way back for some mean grub and killer margarita's!!!

G-Man

------------------
Moto to Live
Live to Moto

http://www.geocities.com/gmann_3000/

G-Man

• G-Man

Posted September 23, 2001 - 01:54 PM

Had a good time at the re-designed track last night, and yes Zonies the usual hardpacked, slippery, rock-infested Canyon Raceway was in great shape!

Haven't raced at night for a long time and was not sure quite what to expect. Lighting was decent, except for the usual bottom section after suicide was a bit dark but adequete to me.

They had a new QUAD section that was pretty cool, but also a bit hairy if you screwd up.

Always takes me a while for a new deadly section as I was single/single doubling out. Definately not the fast way, I need a practice session and I will do it for sure. The thing is a long steep blind step-up and if you over-jump you land in the 3rd ramp which could result in a trip in the meatwagon! I tend to work my way into these "fun" sections!

Still was able to go 1-1 and had a sweet holeshot down the looooong straight at Canyon! Went up on the main to a 165 (stock 162) and with the BK Mod the bike came to life and ran srong all night.

Had a couple of hard landings when I over-jumped a big stepdown triple and landed on flat. Major impact and the only thing that saved me was the great suspension and instant throttle-reponse I have now. responsive.

------------------
Moto to Live
Live to Moto

G-Man

• motojunkie

Posted September 23, 2001 - 04:01 PM

Good job G, I wish I could be out there. My work schedule sucks now through the end of Oct. No weekends off! :) I'll be going to Speedworld for Thursday practice next week, and after that I have to play it by ear. Hope to see the AZ connection soon. Later.....Tom

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • RacerX

Posted September 24, 2001 - 03:08 PM

Way to go G, heard the AZOT numbers were decent. Maicoman told me he got his first, first place trophy, WOOHOO!

• G-Man

Posted September 24, 2001 - 06:29 PM

Thx Tom, bummer about the schedule but at least it's steady work, with all the layoffs lately....

I'm back to being a weekend ridetr, thursdays sure were sweet!

thx X,

yea there was a decent turnout, MaicoMan was on fire and had a good battle with that whiner Gary on the KTM, glad to see him beat him!

Are you back to work yet?

------------------
Moto to Live
Live to Moto

G-Man

• Maicoman

Posted September 25, 2001 - 08:16 AM

That's what we call good time racing, it sure is sweet to beat guys on those CR500's :D

G-Man , when you get the quad's down, maybe you'll be able to lap me in both motos :)

Racer X and F Pilot, you guys need to heal up and get out there, I think you would like the "new track"

Wannabe 426
Thanks for the roost :D :D

• yzernie

Posted September 26, 2001 - 04:14 PM

Hey, any of you AZ-OTMX hammerheads coming to So Cal. for the Riverside Chapter National??

------------------
Life is too short, work hard...play hard

Related Content

Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Wiki
WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

Articles
  • 0 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.