Need some help... any information on what this part is and/or used for?

1 reply to this topic
  • rayw1128

Posted June 24, 2012 - 12:37 PM

Hey everyone,

Need some help here... Just bought a 2009 YZ450 and there is a screw on the kick start assembly that was not bolted in all the way. Tried this morning to tighten the screw and it wouldn't budge. Put more pressure and the head snapped, leaving the threaded part of the bolt still in the hole.

I searched around and saw that its named "countersunk screw", which is part # 22 in the following link:

http://www.ronayers....0/Group/STARTER

Looking at the parts diagram, it seems that the screw is used to secure the kick start lever onto part #19? If so, since the threaded part of the broken screw is still in the hole and there is no way for me to get it out, any problems with me just leaving it as is?

Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • niles

Posted June 24, 2012 - 09:38 PM

try pulling up on your kickstart lever,as long as it's secure just leave it as it is.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.