WR450 doing the salsa

My 03 wr450 is doing the salsa dance at 70mph after the new d606 rear tire was installed. I can minimize it if I scoot back toward the rear on the seat. It didn't do this with the kenda rear tire. What could cause this ? Thanks in advance.

I think you answered your own question. The d606 is obviously doing it.

I have run d606s for years on my XR400, never had this issue though. The tyre could be out of balance, only noticable at higher speeds.

But if you had no issue with the Kenda and you now do then it has to have something to do with the d606.

OK, I gotta ask.. What is the salsa dance? Sorry I'm a mid-west guy so I guess we don't have that term.

It's like the bike wants to do the death wobble around 70mph. Salsa dancing is mostly a stationary dance, with little movement around the dance floor. Instead, dancers rely on the subtle movement of their legs and upper bodies to convey the energy of the dance.

Edited by E4x4Eric

Haha. Well in that case I've ridden a few bikes that were ready for dancing with the stars! Seems odd a rear tire would do it but...

I usually blame the suspension. I had a KTM with zokie forks once that started shaking, was trash in the valves, cleaned them and fresh oil and problem was fixed.