YZ Timing for my 07 WR? Local help?

6 replies to this topic
  • n16ht5

Posted June 22, 2012 - 04:53 PM

Been searching the boards... Cant find a definitive answer... How do I go about doing the YZ timing cam mod while keeping estart on my bike? Need more power.. I shouldnt have rode my friends KTM 525... :devil:
Anyone in the PNW want to help me in person? Thanks

• MANIAC998

Posted June 22, 2012 - 07:53 PM

Never, EVER, ride another man's bike!
Maniac

• n16ht5

Posted June 22, 2012 - 08:33 PM

I know!! What was I thinking??? I MUST HAVE MORE POWER !!

at first it looked like people were just retarding the exhaust timing a tooth then the e start doesnt work?? then people got the YZ cam and ground the decomp pin down ? then SJMC Don said the Hot Cam was the way to go, then they were saying that only the Hot Cam Intake side was the way to go AGHHH.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MANIAC998

Posted June 23, 2012 - 04:11 AM

I had just got back from a trip to Florida, and didn't have the time to get ready for that Sunday's race, so I went up to work it and keep 3rd place in the series with some worker points. When I got there, the promoter told me to run sweep, and since I didn't even bring my bike, he told me to use his!

I knew immediately, this was a seriously bad idea! He had some Flexx handlebars on his machine, and I've been eyeing them for some time now. So yup, I know own a set of Flexx handlebars after riding his bike. Will cost me about $600 after I'm done, and that's just for the handlebars, barkbusters, 1 1/8 clamps etc..

It's actually going to cost me around $6000 when I'm all done, seeing as how I now realize I've got to upgrade my racing bike after riding his!! So repeat after me, "Never, EVER, ride another man's bike!!!"
Maniac

• MaxPower

Posted June 23, 2012 - 06:30 AM

I have this YZ cam and no issue with the estart
With a pipe and cam I don't need more power than that

Edited by MaxPower, June 23, 2012 - 06:31 AM.

• n16ht5

Posted June 23, 2012 - 06:54 AM

What year is your WR ??

Dang your woman is going to have your hide Maniac

• Stealth13

Posted June 23, 2012 - 10:16 AM

Been searching the boards... Cant find a definitive answer... How do I go about doing the YZ timing cam mod while keeping estart on my bike? Need more power.. I shouldnt have rode my friends KTM 525... :devil:
Anyone in the PNW want to help me in person? Thanks

Haha my friends got a 04 Ktm 525, we're about even to 100km/h then he walks by me ( on a pavement race)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.