Clutch Pull, anyone know how to make it easier?

14 replies to this topic
  • bbeakley

Posted September 21, 2001 - 11:06 AM

I've got a '00 426 and I'd like to make the clutch pull easier. Anyone know any tricks? -Thanks, Brian

• flyinguitars

Posted September 21, 2001 - 11:55 AM

I have an MSR raptor lever and perch...works great and was easy to install.
Mike

• dhvann

Posted September 21, 2001 - 12:55 PM

I have a "Works Connection" CR type lever, works great. It has a needle bearing also.

• bbeakley

Posted September 21, 2001 - 01:23 PM

Does the stock clutch cable work with these aftermarket levers or do new cables come with the kits? I could look, but I'm lazy :) Thanks for the replies!

• yzf

Posted September 21, 2001 - 03:54 PM

its not like you ever need the clutch anyway on a 426 except for starts

• flyinguitars

Posted September 21, 2001 - 05:31 PM

I still use the stock cable with the raptor. I always use the clutch for every upshift but just about never for downshifts.
Mike

• PK

Posted September 21, 2001 - 05:54 PM

I can't say enough about how much the Hebo hydraulic clutch has helped my clutch. It makes the pull ALOT easier and I never have to adjust the clutch. I've had it on for 7 months with no problems.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mxcowboy

Posted September 21, 2001 - 06:24 PM

Originally posted by PK:
I can't say enough about how much the Hebo hydraulic clutch has helped my clutch. It makes the pull ALOT easier and I never have to adjust the clutch. I've had it on for 7 months with no problems.

I agree totally with PK. Plus NO fade what so ever........

• Itsamre

Posted September 21, 2001 - 08:40 PM

I was on a dual sport ride and saw the down side to "no fade" from a hydro. clutch. The guy didn't know that he was KILLING his clutch until it was totally gone, in just about the worst place it could happen. Some times that "fade" is a good warning system.

------------------
Mark...00 426 w/plates,and $4000.00 of other attachments!

• yzf_virgin

Posted September 22, 2001 - 04:30 AM

The Raptor by MSR is the way to go. There's three different settings. Nothing else to buy and it's less than $40.

• THEWAG

Posted September 22, 2001 - 02:11 PM

Originally posted by bbeakley:
I've got a '00 426 and I'd like to make the clutch pull easier. Anyone know any tricks? -Thanks, Brian

I have an "01" 426 and I used a wc pro perch w/ bearing and lengthened the actuating arm on the trans 10mm and the pull is like that of a ttr225

• bbeakley

Posted September 26, 2001 - 06:48 PM

So dumb question: who sells Hebo clutches? I've looked all over the web and can't find any online dealers, help!! Also, anyone know if the Magura unit is better/worse/different than the Hebo?

• Blueman

Posted September 27, 2001 - 03:16 PM

Originally posted by yzf:
its not like you ever need the clutch anyway on a 426 except for starts

See my recent post of my "how stupid am I" story from 9/26. You may think different on your clutch story or you may not, but I couldn't resist pointing it out.

Blueman

• MitchS

Posted September 28, 2001 - 07:26 AM

How did you guys lengthen the actuator arm?
I have a 98 YZ400 and I can't get the actuator arm out of the bike. I loosened the retainer plate but still can't remove it.

• MitchS

Posted September 28, 2001 - 12:55 PM

How did you lengthen the actuator arm?

Originally posted by THEWAG:

Originally posted by bbeakley:

I have an "01" 426 and I used a wc pro perch w/ bearing and lengthened the actuating arm on the trans 10mm and the pull is like that of a ttr225

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.