Need help

2 replies to this topic
  • uw153

Posted October 28, 2003 - 03:14 PM

I just bought a closeout FMF "Q" muffler and found out it was one of the old ones made for the 98db restriction. I need it to go to the 96db or better. Does anyone know if I can retro-fit something?? I emailed FMF and was told this:
"Hello, the muffler you have is a older model that we don't make anymore. I think that muffler will be around 98 db. That is what the legal limit was about two years ago. We do not have any parts for these older mufflers anymore. The new style end cap isn't compatible with your model muffler."

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Pig_N_CR5hundy

Posted October 28, 2003 - 03:52 PM

Sounds like your kinda screwed. I bought a FMF as well only to find out it read 102db and the quiet adapter only lowered it .5db.
Don't know about you, but I got to speak with some 17 year old punk at FMF you didn't give a crap about anything except his next moto and the bowl of skunky he was going to smoke on the way to the track.
I sold mine on ebay and went back to stock. Good luck to you! :)

• uw153

Posted October 28, 2003 - 06:45 PM

Man that doesn't make me feel much better. I have been emailing a Chris F. and FMF and he seems to be real honest with me. I asked about trying a retro-fit on my own if he could give me some info on the differences between the years so I'll wait to hear back from him before I load up the shotgun.

Related Content

Forums
Photo

XR650L super moto wheels by greggkklee

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   XR600/650
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Fell Off Trailer by usafxr

• Hot  43 replies
Forums
Photo
Washington

Cle Elum Sunday 5/29: Looking for dual sport tips by TigerTanker

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   Northwest
  • Hot  32 replies
Forums
Photo

DirttyPig 2005 Xr650l Prroject! by braapmebb1moretime

• 22 replies
Forums
Photo

Which thumper motor for a street tracker? by woz

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • * * * * -
  • Hot  29 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.