Interested in feedback on wr400f...

13 replies to this topic
  • KaTchMe

Posted October 28, 2003 - 02:40 PM

My dad is going to look at a 00 wr400f tonight, and I was just wondering if you guys have any positive or negative feedback on the bike??? He will be mostly riding wooded trails and very little on the street. Much appreciated!

• Hick

Posted October 28, 2003 - 06:04 PM

My dad is going to look at a 00 wr400f tonight, and I was just wondering if you guys have any positive or negative feedback on the bike??? He will be mostly riding wooded trails and very little on the street. Much appreciated!

Great bike, no real glitches that I know of, the one drawback it shares with all high output thumpers is if there are a lot of hours on the motor rebuilds can be expensive, moreso if something lets go.

So do what you can to verify the amount of use the bike has. Ask if the valves have been reshimmed recently, or more than once (or at all, if not ask if they've been checked). Eyeball the amount of kickstart wear to corraborate whatever the seller says are the actual hours, not great if you don't have a comparison, but if the guy says it is "like new" and the kickstart is almost worn in half where it smacks the footpeg then...

Hope this helps.

• Hick

Posted October 28, 2003 - 06:06 PM

Nice sig BTW, but how would you know how old people f**k?? Have you watched? Sounds kinky/gross. And if your dad rides a Yamaha, does that make your mom a whore?

Just trying to clear all that up, that is a lot of 'tude for one sig.

• KaTchMe

Posted October 29, 2003 - 07:33 AM

Thanks for the replies! My dad actually bought the bike last night! It's all street legal, dad said it started and ran great, and the guy he bought it from swears it only has 1,000 original miles (kickstart had very little wear). He talked the guy down to 3,300. I haven't seen it yet, but it sounds like he got a great deal.
I am excited to ride with my pops now!
Damn you Hick, I was hopin' no one would notice my sig. Guess I'll have to change that. :)

• Sylvain

Posted October 29, 2003 - 07:46 AM

Ride it like you stole it, or just go home!

I'd rather have a sister that is a whore than a brother that rides a Yamaha!

You ride just like how old people fu*k!

What kind of signature is that :D?

It raises bad feeling. And you have the balls to ask info on a wr :) :D.

Instead of asking questions, why don't you do some research yourself. You will find all the infos you need in this forum.

BTW, we don't see signature like that too often. And it's a good thing because people with bad attitude are not missed.

• KaTchMe

Posted October 29, 2003 - 08:09 AM

Whoa there tough guy! It just a fu*king saying that I thought was funny, so don't get your pink panties in bunch. I actually ride with a lot of dudes that have yzf450/426's. I really didn't have time to research, my pops was leaving to look at the bike within an hour of my post. I just thought if the yamaha guys were anything like the people on the ktm forum, I would get some good feedback from people with experience in a short amount of time. I do have big balls, and I don't give a sh*t if you miss me or not, I ain't going nowhere. :)
BTW- I changed my sig, before I read your reply...

• PMAUST

Posted October 29, 2003 - 09:27 AM

I think your dad will be very pleased with this bike. I gave mine to one of my sons who is still riding it. One of my buddies still rides one. They are great running bikes and pretty much bullet proof.
:)
Paul

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • jchantzWR400F

Posted October 29, 2003 - 09:57 AM

Whoa there tough guy! It just a fu*king saying that I thought was funny, so don't get your pink panties in bunch. I actually ride with a lot of dudes that have yzf450/426's. I really didn't have time to research, my pops was leaving to look at the bike within an hour of my post. I just thought if the yamaha guys were anything like the people on the ktm forum, I would get some good feedback from people with experience in a short amount of time. I do have big balls, and I don't give a sh*t if you miss me or not, I ain't going nowhere. :)
BTW- I changed my sig, before I read your reply...

Not to rain on your parade, but I think someone's already got the "you must have been going fast, cause I was haulin ass when I passed you sig..." Better try again.

• KaTchMe

Posted October 29, 2003 - 10:14 AM

PMAUST- Thanks, he's really excited to go riding with me this weekend.

jchantz- Damn, I thought I might have seen that on here.

• jchantzWR400F

Posted October 29, 2003 - 10:24 AM

It's one of the better one's that I've seen....That's the only reason I recognized it.

(I've got to have better things to do with my time) Damn you TT, Damn you......

• KaTchMe

Posted October 29, 2003 - 10:31 AM

LOL!

• Sylvain

Posted October 29, 2003 - 01:47 PM

If your balls are as big as you say, may be you could post them here :) :D

Have fun

• holeshot426

Posted October 29, 2003 - 01:55 PM

If your balls are as big as you say, may be you could post them here

:)

• tctrailrider

Posted October 29, 2003 - 03:04 PM

Nice sig BTW, but how would you know how old people f**k?? Have you watched? Sounds kinky/gross. And if your dad rides a Yamaha, does that make your mom a whore?

Just trying to clear all that up, that is a lot of 'tude for one sig.

Hick,
Good to see you back and doing some posting. I do enjoy your gentle delivery. :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.