07 YZ450F exhaust VS Quiet Aftermarket?

No replies to this topic
  • n16ht5

Posted June 21, 2012 - 08:08 AM

Hey, I have an 07 YZ450F full exhaust and a Leo Vince X3 enduro full system. I have tried or listened to a few other aftermarkets (white bros, Dr D, FMF factory, FMF Q4, 08 YZ450F modded) but it seems like the 07 YZF and Leo Vince (with silent insert) and Q4 seem to be the only halfway quiet systems.

I am trying to figure out if I should run the 07 YZF system or the Leo Vince X3 with the silent insert.. or if there is something better altogether..

I ride woods so loud pipes are a no no... I played with the 08 YZF pipe modded, but ended up ditching it because of the noise.

The Leo Vince with silent insert is really quiet. I really like it.. it's also very smooth, but seems to fall off a bit on top with the insert. Painfully loud without the insert.

The 07 YZF pipe is quiet too.. different kind of quiet.. like sort of hollow sounding until you romp the throttle.. really nice... similar ride to the LV... Need to do a back to back run to see which has more power on top (LV vs 07 YZF)

Q4 sucks on the low end but pulls out up high.

Didn't hear a Dr D with quiet insert... only open. too loud.

dyno run.. wish I had a dyno chart of the leo vince...

Red = Q4
Blue = 07 YZF
Orange = 08 YZF (unmodified)
Posted Image

Edited by n16ht5, June 21, 2012 - 08:26 AM.

Related Content

WR Camshaft Swap Info - last post by jamesm113

WR Camshaft Swap Info

• 0 replies

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.