07 WR450 redline?

6 replies to this topic
  • allterra

Posted June 21, 2012 - 03:52 AM

I can't seem to find a seemingly basic fact of what the redline is or where the revlimiter kicks in anywhere. Do any of the "free" mods change it? By ear it sounds like some of the racers are bouncing off the revlimiter at higher rpms then others. Could this just be the different yearsor are they modifing them in some other way?

• MANIAC998

Posted June 21, 2012 - 03:57 AM

The rev-limiter is built into the ignition system, as a means to prevent catastrophic engine damage from over-revving. None of the free mods will change it. You might be able to change ignition systems and gain some additional rev's, but I have no idea why anyone would. The rev limit is 11,500rpms stock, and that is up there!!!
Maniac

• allterra

Posted June 21, 2012 - 04:23 AM

Thanks 11.5k is what I was looking for. I've yet to hit the rev limiter nor do I plan to. It seems to me if you are up in that rpm range that you have already gone your peak power curve and need to go up a gear. I haven't seen a dyno chart on these yet but I would think that it would likely peak around 8.5 or 9k and the rest is buffer zone. One thing is for sure several of the racers make the motor sing like a 2 stroke. I personaly like that low tone of the windup grunt...BaaarrrrRRRRrrp :devil:

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • n16ht5

Posted June 21, 2012 - 05:54 AM

I love that wAHHHHBUPUPBUUBPBBPUBPUBPUp sound as I am attacking a hill or snowfield. pin it to win it

• allterra

Posted June 21, 2012 - 01:07 PM

I love that wAHHHHBUPUPBUUBPBBPUBPUBPUp sound as I am attacking a hill or snowfield. pin it to win it

LOL at my age I find that I nolonger bounce as well as I once did. The bike is not as disposeable as many of them were. Now I am all about the tourque and technique. I don't need to win any more my goal is to let others know how it feels to win. I just want to show up in the end. come to my trails and you will likely win I'll see you at the end if you don't take too many wrong turns. ENJOY.

• Taxgod4u

Posted June 21, 2012 - 02:06 PM

At 11,500 the engine internals are spinning around 191 times per second and the piston is changing direction 383 times per second. That is crazy enough, just upshift.

• n16ht5

Posted June 21, 2012 - 06:11 PM

LOL at my age I find that I nolonger bounce as well as I once did. The bike is not as disposeable as many of them were. Now I am all about the tourque and technique. I don't need to win any more my goal is to let others know how it feels to win. I just want to show up in the end. come to my trails and you will likely win I'll see you at the end if you don't take too many wrong turns. ENJOY.

Yesterday at Rat Trap Pass...

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.