rego in australia

9 replies to this topic
  • jonesy383

Posted June 21, 2012 - 03:49 AM

hey i want to register my wr426 in australia, does anyone know exactly what i need on my bike eg. lights, blinkers etc.

cheers

• td42ti

Posted June 21, 2012 - 03:57 AM

Head light with high and low beam
all four indicators
tail light
brake light (must work from hand and foot brake)
number plate light
rear red reflector (if not built into tail/brake light lense)
Horn
No oil leaks (engine or forks)
DOT tyres with enough tread
chain guard
mirrors
good brakes
chain and sprockets in good condition
no tears on the seat
brake and clutch level must be complete (can't be cut off, must have the ball ends)
you also need the rear fender extension. You can't just run the bare rear fender.
That is about it. All depends on who you get really and how strict they are.

Edited by td42ti, June 21, 2012 - 03:57 AM.

• lach_23

Posted June 25, 2012 - 05:43 PM

So you don't actually need a speedo that works? Cause I just rego'd my WR400F and my speedo doesn't work, I am getting a trailtech vapor though.

• td42ti

Posted June 26, 2012 - 12:37 AM

You do but if you don't tell them your Speedo isn't working how will they know? They don't do a road test to find out.

So in effect, no you don't need a working speedo!

• lach_23

Posted June 26, 2012 - 06:07 PM

Haha, so dodgy-I have got away with it, just scared about speed cameras and safety cameras. I am getting a trailtech though fortunately.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • MANIAC998

Posted June 27, 2012 - 03:39 AM

You've got to be kidding me! You guys have Speed Cameras & Safety Cameras in Australia?! That's just wrong!!!
Maniac

• td42ti

Posted June 27, 2012 - 03:43 AM

You've got to be kidding me! You guys have Speed Cameras & Safety Cameras in Australia?! That's just wrong!!!
Maniac

Maniac, we have them everywhere. Only on the roads though, nothing off road.
Some of the speed camera are fixed, so they are always there and they put big signs up to warn you! If you get caught by them you are an idiot!

• lach_23

Posted June 28, 2012 - 02:08 PM

Yeah they are pretty gay with all the camera's they are trying to bring in mobile speed camera's in new south wales where they have random cars on the side of the road with speed cameras on them, but even still they are marked that there is a speed camera ahead. Oh and btw Jonsey, make sure all your electrical wires are connected and working. My WR400 didn't have them connected and the Yamaha manual doesn't have the electric circuit for switch blocks etc for indicators in Australia. So it could be a problem getting it all wired. Cost me 800 in labour and a new reg/rec as well.

• Beemeerr11

Posted August 03, 2012 - 04:52 AM

Hey guy's,

I can provide you with the eectrical diagram, also have it colour coded? this is for the WR400, but I'd assume it's the same for the 426 and earlier 450's?
:)
Cheers

Lou

• lach_23

Posted August 04, 2012 - 02:52 AM

Yes please that would be much appreciated. Thanks mate.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.