- His bike has 2 hours on it and is brand new basically. Mine has quite a few but has 1.4 hours on a brand new Wiseco with oem gaskets.
- We both use the stock pipe and both have a PC spark arrestor silencer.
- We both used the same jetting - 37.5p / Clip 4 / 410m - 70F outside during ride.
- Brand new air filters in both bikes.
I never realized how much mine was down on output until riding his. It pulls of the bottom so much better and has much better throttle response than mine does that carries output all the way to the midrange. They feel similar after they hit mid power band. I tend to have to mess with my pilot jet and air screw quite a bit to get good response off the bottom. I can generally achieve it but it's very finicky. He didn't even touch his at all during the ride and it ran great from start to finish even though the temp changed +5F.
Thinks I've confirmed over the last couple of days:
- New top end
- Timing correct
- PV working correctly
- Carb clean and jets clean
- 1.4h on silencer packing
- Put 690cc of ATF and got 660cc back out after 1.4h ride. Not sure how much normally sticks in the engine though.
- Sprayed around base gasket, head gasket and intake boot without change in idle
Things that have an impact:
Checked the reeds and one side had a gap on 2 out of the 3 petals. Bought new ones and they do the same thing. Once the reed stopper is tightened down it lifts the petals up a little off the mating surface. Probably need to try a used reed block and see if it fixes the problem. Tried both stock and both aftermarket reeds as well as switched the stoppers around and it pulls them up every time. A new one is like $150 or so.
I don't think the reeds are causing the problem I'm having. They may be contributing to it but definitely not causing the output lose that I'm feeling over the 09 yz125.
Still need to check float level again just to verify.
My jetting also doesn't very much from the norm to make me think there is a "bad" air leak somewhere.
Edited by kan3, 19 June 2012 - 10:10 AM.