Trail Tech Vapor Install 02 Wr426

3 replies to this topic
  • Yamses

Posted June 16, 2012 - 11:13 AM

Howdy i've got everything else all set up except the tachometer and im pretty set on using the wrap around the spark wire method however my question is where is it best to wrap; closer to the coil or spark plug? Also i feel lame asking but when it says wrap it says nothing about stripping the wire? Do i need to strip the spark wire and the red im putting on it? insulated wire to insulated that a thing? Appreciate it thanks

• Chuck.

Posted June 17, 2012 - 09:01 AM

Insulated wire to insulated wire, The tach wire picks up induced voltage when the plug fires, and it doesn't really matter where on the plug wire, pick a location that is convenient and doesn't interfere with changing plugs. The important part is the number of turns and the manual has instructions. I tape the wrap with vinyl electrical tape.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • GlennR

Posted June 18, 2012 - 11:34 AM

How many turns does it say to wrap the wire? I bought a cheapie hour meter/tach and the tach didn't seem to work very well, maybe if I try the same number of turns as the Vapor it will.

• hjorth

Posted June 18, 2012 - 02:23 PM

I connected the tacho to the low voltage input on my installation, wr426 02 with trailtech vapor.
It's working fine.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.