best exhaust for a 600?

7 replies to this topic
  • PismoRat

Posted October 27, 2003 - 07:07 PM

Right now I am running the stock pipe with no baffle in the desert, and I put in a Thumper Racing Exhaust baffle when I hit the trails. Any suggestions on a better setup?

• PismoRat

Posted October 28, 2003 - 03:50 PM

So no one has any preferences or comments? :)

• Taipan

Posted October 29, 2003 - 02:27 AM

I'm new to teh XR scene, but a guy made an unsolicited comment about my Arrow exhaust saying it gave the best performance boost. Nothing to back that up with though.
A mate fitted an Akropovic, which replaced his FMF. The Akro actually made less power right across teh range, or I think it may have had a slightly higher reading just off idle? I hear good things about Leo Vinci exhausts, but again, have no dyno graphs to back this up with. I'll be trying to collate as much info as posssible on anything and everything XR600 for the newly formed XR600 yahoo group. If i get any dyno graphs I'll place them on there. Addy is http://autos.groups....oup/HONDAXR600/

• Dual_Dog

Posted October 29, 2003 - 11:06 AM

Depends on what you're after, what range of power increase you want (low end, mid range, WOT), how much noise you (and others) can live with, and how much you want to spend.

Big Gun: Loud, large & in charge.
Supertrapp: Excellent performance and tuning ability.
White Bros.: E-series: Not many better than the "Bros."
FMF: Heard good (and bad) things about them, primarily noise and no tuning ability.

If money is no option, go for the gusto and slap some headers on, too.

There's lots out there and you can't go wrong with any of 'em. This is an easy bolt-on upgrade. You may have to mod your carb settings though, to keep up with the new pipe.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Roll_it_on

Posted October 30, 2003 - 09:16 PM

I had a White Brothers E series on my xr600 and I loved it. It made great power in the low and middle end where I wanted it most. Great sound too and with the quiet core insert not to loud.

• XR/CRDave

Posted November 01, 2003 - 02:47 PM

I liked the FMF Power Core IV on my 600. Before that I had a supertrapp which was a little better than the thumper racing insert which it came with. My friend had a 600 at the same time I had mine and he ran the White Bros. E Series, I think mine was a little faster w/ the FMF.

• deano

Posted November 01, 2003 - 03:38 PM

I have an older FMF exhaust that looks like the kind offered by pro curcuit in the 2000/01 Chaparral catalog. I have a 94, my brother has a 93, identical set-up exept for the pipe. He had a White Bros. Mine ran much better than his, better through out the power range. I haven,t seen this same pipe offered by FMF recently, but its a chrome megaphone with Super trapp end caps. Look in an older catalog for the Pro Circuit model. It uses the stock header.

• FLA4stroke

Posted November 04, 2003 - 10:38 AM

Like you, I first tried a Thumper Racing baffle on my 600, but then changed to a White Bros E-Series. What a difference! Considerably more low to mid range power! worth every cent I spent on it.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.