how screwed am I...

7 replies to this topic
  • Sk426

Posted June 11, 2012 - 07:28 PM

Bought this 00 426 lil over a month ago and rode it a few times around the yard the first day,

And had a bear of a time getting it running the next time, figured I had it flooded as its too easy to do.

I have left it sit for the better part of 3 weeks until tonight, First kick and the damn thing had gas leaking from the muffler, Not good. I had thought the bike was rather hard on fuel, but it turns out the f'n thing was leaking past and washing the cylinder down.

I have concerns that there was a good amount of fuel in the oil on my last short 15min ride - and the damage was done. no abnormal noises occured how ever.

Drained ALOT of oil/gas from the crank case and got a few needle bearings along with it.

Posted Image

So... where is the best place online to order a rebuild kit? Its not like I can ignore these and carry on...

• Kalashnikov

Posted June 11, 2012 - 07:39 PM

Only place those needles could have come from would be the big end bearing although I would imagine they'd be longer/bigger or from the counter balancer bearing. Either way the cases gotta be split.

Posted June 11, 2012 - 08:11 PM

Does the inner clutch hub have needle bearings? Maybe?

• marv02

Posted June 11, 2012 - 08:17 PM

Just me if I going to spilt the cases for a rebuild I use all OEM bearing and seals YES they cost a little more but the bike 12 years old they lasted 12 years you can go wrong with the OEM stuff.

For me when my lowwer end go's South do all the up grades as long you in thereI rather spend the money once split the case Once and do right from the get go for at least anouther 12 years of motor life out of the bike.

If you dump a grand in to the motor sure cheeper than buying a brand new bike.
Dont skimp Dont cut cornners if you do and it breaks you going to kick you're self for cutting those cornners and having a Garage Queen again.

Edited by marv02, June 13, 2012 - 04:36 AM.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Sk426

Posted June 11, 2012 - 08:26 PM

whats the favorite online retailer? I'm not near a yamaha dealer

• Kalashnikov

Posted June 11, 2012 - 09:24 PM

• the go-devil

Posted June 13, 2012 - 03:19 AM

For OEM parts I haven't found a place with better prices than these guys.
I've also bought three bikes from these guys at very good prices. They're just an all around good dealer that keeps me going back to them. They also had excellent customer service in regards to returns or problems with parts.

• BBrown626

Posted June 14, 2012 - 07:49 PM

#8 has been very good for me. beats them if you just need one or two parts though.

Related Content

Need help by Goforaride

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  68 replies

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

• Hot  28 replies

YZ450F 03 Sparks driving me crazy by SirAttard

• 5 replies

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.