Pipe For 2003 XR650L

5 replies to this topic
  • zooboy

Posted October 27, 2003 - 12:47 PM

Hi Gang,

Was wondering if anybody had any suggestions for an upgrade pipe for a 2003 XR650L. I live in California, so it must be street legal, forest service approved etc...

Thanks.

• xr650Lroostnya

Posted October 27, 2003 - 01:20 PM

I have a White Brothers E-series on my '01 650L that works great and is much lighter than the stock exhaust only thing is it might be too loud for where you ride. :)

• Dual_Dog

Posted October 27, 2003 - 01:41 PM

Big Gun quiet core, Supertrapp IDS quiet core, or White Bros E-Series. If you're feeling rich go for the header pipes, too. You'll need to make minor some carb mods, larger main jet & probably larger pilot screw, to really get the benefits. (See my earlier post & replies for "NEED HELP: XR650L Pilot Screw Problem") Good stuff there. :D

Also a K&N or Uni-filter will really wake up the low and top end performance. :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Rover31

Posted October 27, 2003 - 04:36 PM

GO up to the Search button and just put in XR650L in this catagory and the dualsport cat. you will be amazed at all the info, pipes and much more. Get ready to learn!!!
Travis
PS I have the FMF Q with a power bomb header it is great for power and Not loud! The white Bro is very loud but the header (white Bro) is bigger diameter than the rest.

• aloud520

Posted October 28, 2003 - 10:37 AM

Go for a CRD street legal full system
Posted Image

• seebee

Posted October 29, 2003 - 02:38 PM

I have the full Yoshimura and love it. The CRD is also very nice. :)

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.