Need Rear shock help

2 replies to this topic
  • proamature

Posted June 11, 2012 - 06:15 PM

Ok. So can u put gas back into the shock once it it let out? It has a little stem at the bottom. The Manuel says nothing about gas going back in.. But says to let it all out b4 disposing... I need to put gas back in. I know it's nitrogen. But can I put it back in?? Really need help.
Thank you
Nick

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Rocky739

Posted June 11, 2012 - 06:24 PM

Since your sixteen ill be nice even though I'm sure this has been covered to death on here.
NO! You cannot simply pump up the shock with a tire chuck. You have to have a zero loss fitting that threads on and a valve and gauge to correctly set the pressure.
On the bright side your shock probably needs a service so while you have it off send it to a shop for a oil and seal change.

• proamature

Posted June 11, 2012 - 06:33 PM

Actually I knew about the gauge. Because my friend had to do something with his air ride on his Harley and his Harley has the same looking valve. I knew u can't just go hook a regular air hose up to it. That's why I didn't do it. I have a big nitrogen bottle that we used for Gokart racin. Can I use that bottle.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.