2012 WR450f - what FI settings are you using?

23 replies to this topic
  • BoiseBee

Posted April 01, 2013 - 08:00 PM

I used the Aussie Map on the weekend with the Q4 slip on. Worked beautifully. Wondering what you mean exactly by "shoots the mapping all to hell"?

Thats good news. I will try the Aussie maps myself if they are working good on your bike...

What I meant by "installing the FMF shoots the mapping all to hell" is because I tried the maps on the GYTR programming sheet that are intended for the stock exhaust system, and they don't run well at all on my bike with the FMF... so that basically left me with just the one single FMF map until some new ones started to surface.

• GP1K

Posted April 02, 2013 - 09:00 AM

Thats good news. I will try the Aussie maps myself if they are working good on your bike...

What I meant by "installing the FMF shoots the mapping all to hell" is because I tried the maps on the GYTR programming sheet that are intended for the stock exhaust system, and they don't run well at all on my bike with the FMF... so that basically left me with just the one single FMF map until some new ones started to surface.

I was wondering about that myself... are all the maps on Yamaha's website (besides the two that say FMF pipe) assuming a bone stock bike?? Would seem a bit silly as hardly anyone keeps their bike bone stock. I've been using the 'Woods' map and it seems better than the default map, but now I'm wondering if that's really what I should be using with an FMF etc?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Ricky Roma

Posted April 02, 2013 - 05:27 PM

Yeah I have to admit your comment made me a little nervous when loading the Aussie map for the first time after fitting the Q4 can but it was all good. Actaully that's a huge understatement! It was AWESOME. :thumbsup:

Also try the MX map for a laugh. Not ideal for the bush, but it's very entertaining.

• BoiseBee

Posted April 02, 2013 - 06:52 PM

Also try the MX map for a laugh. Not ideal for the bush, but it's very entertaining.

I will try all the Aussie maps on my next riding excursion... thanks for reporting back your results! I have been really looking forward to some positive feedback, I haven't had good results trying to make my own... :blush:

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.