2012 WR450f - what FI settings are you using?

23 replies to this topic
  • drick

Posted June 09, 2012 - 06:19 AM

I did a quick search and didn't see any topics that cover this yet, so thought i'd get one started.

Per my other post, we finished phase I build last night and were messing around with ECU/tuner. Reading the included documentation, it looks like Yamaha had a similiar setup recommendation to mine (FMF header/pipe with stock head) for the WR.

Has anyone else tried this one yet, and if not what are you running?

• CaocaoWR

Posted June 09, 2012 - 07:38 AM

Where do you get the suggested map? Is there any map for the Dr.D full system exhaust?
Just helping my buddy to install the ECU and load the map for "GYTR ported head and Gytr by FMF eshaust system". The bike seems to run much more smooth than the map for "GYTR by FMF exhaust system", is it strange???

• drick

Posted June 09, 2012 - 07:46 AM

Where do you get the suggested map? Is there any map for the Dr.D full system exhaust?
Just helping my buddy to install the ECU and load the map for "GYTR ported head and Gytr by FMF eshaust system". The bike seems to run much more smooth than the map for "GYTR by FMF exhaust system", is it strange???

it came with the ECU (i think).. i'll scan it tonight and post it for you

no, the only settings were GYTR/FMF, stock, and iterations of both

• BFox

Posted June 09, 2012 - 10:41 AM

it came with the ECU (i think).. i'll scan it tonight and post it for you

no, the only settings were GYTR/FMF, stock, and iterations of both

Let us know how cold starting becomes after

• drick

Posted June 09, 2012 - 10:50 AM

i'll tell you this, it was a PITA to start with stock ECU before i programmed it.

we are riding tomorrow, more details to follow

• drick

Posted June 10, 2012 - 01:23 PM

ok, got 3 hours in today, and here is what i saw (details - the coolest it got today was around 60-65, and it was close to 90 when we left; also bike has all stock fluids in it, we haven't replaced everything yet) with the new FI settings the bike starts just fine cold, warm, and hot. the trick seems to be to hit the starter real quick, and then release it if it doesn't start. if you just hold it down and grind it, it won't work.

Edited by drick, June 13, 2012 - 01:27 PM.

• BoiseBee

Posted June 10, 2012 - 08:10 PM

Been riding for 2 months with the FMF map and the bike just rips with these settings. Now i'm hoping that those out there that have a clue what they are doing start posting some new maps for different riding conditions. I'd like to have a "melow" trail riding map for when I am trail riding with my kids.... right now its a little difficult because the bike just wants to GO! The FI is just amazing though... this bike is so smooth and easy to ride its almost cheating.

• Jmulhollen

Posted January 09, 2013 - 08:29 PM

I'd like to revive this post as I am getting into it a bit. Rode some tight trails the other day and noticed a huge difference between the settings from yamahas site and the fmf settings. Much more mellow when coming out of tight corners so I wasn't pushing as hard.

Anyone else messed with it a bunch?

• Corkster

Posted January 10, 2013 - 01:38 PM

The slippery conditions map is amazing for tight wet conditions or for a beginner. The engine feels more like a 250 until you get to high revs and full throttle, at which point it has full power again. Caution though - it does use more fuel.

• BoiseBee

Posted January 10, 2013 - 01:53 PM

The slippery conditions map is amazing for tight wet conditions or for a beginner. The engine feels more like a 250 until you get to high revs and full throttle, at which point it has full power again. Caution though - it does use more fuel.

Hey, if you get a chance, would you mind posting the Aussie maps that you are using.... Nobody here in the states seems to be changing the maps much....

Thanks!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Corkster

Posted January 12, 2013 - 07:15 PM

Hey, if you get a chance, would you mind posting the Aussie maps that you are using.... Nobody here in the states seems to be changing the maps much....

Thanks!

I am just using the settings from the main 2012 thread.

• zuch95701

Posted January 13, 2013 - 04:42 PM

Im running the fmf with stock head map, with some tweaking on the timing. I gave the bike a little more advance on the top engine to help with the over rev. Best setting i have found. I calmed it down just one point on the bottom to slow the hit down.

• mc1hd

Posted January 15, 2013 - 07:36 AM

Found this on a Google search;

http://www.transmoto...aha-WR450F-Maps

• BoiseBee

Posted January 15, 2013 - 07:45 AM

Nice Find.

I was hoping some maps would surface showing results with the FMF pipe installed. Those Aussie maps are built for the stock exhaust system, and installing the aftermarket FMF shoots the mapping all to hell.

• Ricky Roma

Posted February 19, 2013 - 03:26 PM

Do you guys know if you can use the YZ maps on the WR once you upgrade from the stock exhuast?

• nolo263

Posted February 19, 2013 - 06:32 PM

I just installed the modded map i will let you know how it works after this weekend.

• Krisden

Posted March 21, 2013 - 02:28 AM

2k with the FMF map cant fault it

• bellofello

Posted March 21, 2013 - 07:28 AM

I'm not sure if this is the same map you guys are talking about, but I've been running the "sharp throttle response, more overall power" map
FMF powercore, air box plugs removed, stock otherwise.
Fuel
-2 -4 -4
-2 -4 -4
-2 -2 -2
Ignition
+3 +2 +2
+3 +3 +2
+3 +3 +3
Premium Pump Gas

I get about 100-120km to the factory tank. Somewhat aggressive street riding.

• nolo263

Posted March 22, 2013 - 01:28 PM

I ran the modded map for two weeks now. This map has more power and a harder hit than the aussie map. The bike is definately harder but funner to ride.

• Ricky Roma

Posted April 01, 2013 - 07:40 PM

Nice Find.

I was hoping some maps would surface showing results with the FMF pipe installed. Those Aussie maps are built for the stock exhaust system, and installing the aftermarket FMF shoots the mapping all to hell.

I used the Aussie Map on the weekend with the Q4 slip on. Worked beautifully. Wondering what you mean exactly by "shoots the mapping all to hell"?

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.