why is the headlight on my wr450 not working

2 replies to this topic
  • spaceace76

Posted June 09, 2012 - 03:19 AM

i have a 2007 wr450, the blinkers and headlight have recently stopped working, there is power going to my headlight. the flasher for the blinkers has been checked, my bulb on the headlight is new, all the wiring connections behind the headlight look to be normal. if there is power going to my headlight but it is not working I am thinking that the switch on the bars for blinkers and hi/low beam for the headlight might be faultly, but if there is power going to my headlight I am confused. I dont really want to go to an auto sparkie and dont want to get a new bar indicator/hi-low beam switch if that is not my problem,
any thoughts from anyone? any sort of info or imput would be helpful

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • OLHILLBILLY

Posted June 09, 2012 - 04:24 AM

Check your ground. I'm presuming your testing it with a normal test light with the ground clip hooked to somewhere else on the bike. If it's showing power (lighting the test light), but the light isn't working would indicate that the circuit isn't completing through the light socket. Current is going to the light, but not coming back. But since your grounding your tester somewhere else, the circuit is completing and your seeing power to the socket.

Edited by OLHILLBILLY, June 09, 2012 - 04:26 AM.

• spaceace76

Posted June 10, 2012 - 02:50 AM

thanks OLHILLBILLY, that makes sense, I just need to find the bad earth I have. hopefully I can find it without to much stress. no headlight doesnt stop me from hitting the trails, i mean it is not often i get caught out in the bush at night but if its there then i want it to be in working order.
cheers

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.