FMF High Flow Head Pipe vs. FMF Power Bomb Head Pipe?

2 replies to this topic
  • Thumpin_426

Posted September 17, 2001 - 12:42 PM

I need some input from anyone using either of these pipes. I don't care about the "Decible Levels" as FMF puts it. I just want to buy the pipe that performs the best. I already have the Power Core IV silencer.

The FMF High Flow pipe looks exactly the same as the factory pipe. Is there any difference?

Any input would be greatly appriciated!!

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • bjscheel

Posted September 18, 2001 - 01:21 PM

I had a power bomb header with a mega max muffler alot of power. I then put a high flow header on with the mega max and got some more bottom end but still not happy. I then put the factory muffler on with the high flow header and wow it's awsome. I put the power bomb back on and lost some some bottom end and gained top end with the stock muffler. The tracks i ride are tight and need alot of bottom end with a good mid section so i run the high flow header and factory muffler. Just my two cents worth

• blaze

Posted September 24, 2001 - 06:00 AM

hey thumpin426, on the fmf silencer, do you know if it resticts the air flow? what tuning did you have to do compared to stock. thanks

Related Content

Forums
Photo

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies
Forums
Photo

2016 YZ450 by CaptainKnobby

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Technical Forums   Suspension
  • Hot  59 replies
Forums
Photo

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies
Forums
Photo

Megabomb Fitment by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.