Tall Seat Foam for 426

3 replies to this topic
  • chopperman

Posted September 18, 2001 - 05:11 AM

I am looking to go with a tall seat foam on my 426. I am trying to avoid the whole buy the tall foam, buy the tall seat cover and doing the re-cover myself. I have wrestled with seat covers before. Anyone have a line on who may be manufacturing and selling complete seat replacement units (hopefully tall foam units) for the 426?

00 KTM 520 EXC
01 Yamaha YZ 426
78 Yamaha TT 500
78 Yamaha SR 500

• dhowell

Posted September 18, 2001 - 06:31 AM

I am not sure about the tall version, but this company sells the seat widh the cover (only in black) at a good price.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • cyz426

Posted September 18, 2001 - 09:03 PM

I went with Ceet's tall foam and their Logo cover, but the stock cover will work. In fact it actually has more material to work with. The taller foam makes a huge difference. The seat is much flatter and transition from sitting to standing is much easier. The foam is very firm, but really isn't a problem. I'm 6'3" so it was well worth it. Foam price was $59.00. Web site is Ceetracing.com

• Hick

Posted September 26, 2001 - 06:59 PM

Just got the new Moose catalog, they are now selling replacement seats (I wonder if they are made by SDG?).

Anyway they have std. and tall versions, complete seats with black covers and a Moose logo on the back/top.

For YZ 250F/426F "tall" PN is: M-00024

You will probably need to find a Parts Unlimited local dealer/dist. to buy this, I don’t think you can get it direct.

[This message has been edited by Hick (edited September 26, 2001).]

Related Content

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.