WR400 dual sport conversion...whats involved?

1 reply to this topic
  • jasimps

Posted October 26, 2003 - 09:46 PM

What does it take, and how much money should I set aside to do a dual sport conversion to a wr400? Where do you put the battery? Where do you get some cheap lighting kits? How hard is it to make a kit yourself? Can you get an ignition switch with a key for one?

Thanks in advance

-Alden

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • RLucky82

Posted October 26, 2003 - 11:15 PM

Got your message and I will reply here

:D Welcome to thumpertalk!

I got my complete kit from BajaDesigns for $500.oo and the instructions were excellent, nice kit! but since then some other kits have sprung up also w/key ignition. the battery goes in the airbox. If your asking "how to make a kit?" then i recomend that you get a complete kit. It is involved but you can do it yourself. To answer your PM if you should do it yourself or get a "DualSport" is up to your mechanical ability, but mostly the type of riding you are going to do. My WR frequents the local MX practice track with a quick 10min removal of street stuff :D ...as far as riding it on the street, I am impressed with how well it works. I rarely cruise at 60mph I have been meaning to raise the front sprocket up one tooth but havent got to that yet. I got the spedo at BajaDesigns for $60.oo but everything else was included in the kit.

Ask lots of questions the guys around here are really helpful and more upto date then i am.

Oh yeah, to answer the most important question, GET ONE you won't be disapointed with any of your choices :)

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.