Throttle stop on 2011 WR450F

11 replies to this topic
  • marky452000

Posted June 06, 2012 - 10:32 AM

How do you remove the throttle stop on the 2011WR450F?
Also does it help the bike to remove the baffle out of the tailpipe?

• dirtbikekid32

Posted June 06, 2012 - 09:13 PM

Get a ball end allen head socket with an extension and find a way to weasel it in from the bottom and takr it out.. Get the GYTR AIS removal kit and it comes with the YZ throttle stop, put it in its place.. Or cut the WR one off to match the YZ's..
In stock form the bike rivals power with an XR 200..

Do a search, tons of info on the "Free Mods".

• german88

Posted June 06, 2012 - 09:36 PM

How do you remove the throttle stop on the 2011WR450F?
Also does it help the bike to remove the baffle out of the tailpipe?

If you have a "bondhus" type allen wrench you should be able to get at it without pulling the carb off. Find the diagram for the carb in your manual for a visual reference. You can get a replacement screw from your local hardware store or just cut the stock one down to 18.2mm in length. I was lucky and found one at ACE that was not only stainless but it was exactly 18.2mm long...

• dirtbikekid32

Posted June 06, 2012 - 09:41 PM

Yeah you dont have to pull the carb off to get it out, Hope I didnt mislead you there.. I was able to get mine off with a long extension and a ball end allen socket, the bolt points down at an angle towards the rear of the bike..

• marky452000

Posted June 08, 2012 - 05:28 AM

How do I take out the throttle stop on my Yamaha WR450F

• miweber929

Posted June 08, 2012 - 12:46 PM

How do I take out the throttle stop on my Yamaha WR450F

To best remove the throttle stop screw, use the search feature at the top of the page. :cry:

Seriously, been covered with pics even, a million times, but it all depends on year of your WR. What year is yours?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • marky452000

Posted June 09, 2012 - 09:17 PM

I was able to get thr stop out by using a long T handle allen wrench. It was a tight fit but I dropped the stop screw out and cut off 11 millimeters of it. Plenty of throttle now. I also removed the baffle from the stock muffler. This is ok to do isn't it? I mean, this wont harm the engine will it? Seems to have a lot more power now. Haven't done any jetting changes. Those are still stock. I just wanted more power. I'm an old timer doing a few hare scrambles now and then. Thanks if you have any suggestions.

• MANIAC998

Posted June 10, 2012 - 04:29 AM

Yes, you will get a little more power out of the engine by removing those restrictions out of the exhaust. And no, it won't hurt the engine any. You will gain even more power by opening up the intake and jetting the bike correctly.

• marky452000

Posted June 12, 2012 - 10:48 AM

OVERHEATING. Have you ever had any overheating issues. I have boiled it a couple times in Hare Scrambke when stuck and not moving. I've been told that using "Engine Ice"Hugh performance coolant is the ticket. Would you recommend anything else like a cooling fan?

• dR0

Posted June 23, 2012 - 04:52 PM

Hey guys, what if my bike doesn't even have a throttle stop screw? I bought it this way and now I am checking it and it's without. Does it do the engine harm and should I buy one immediately?
I'm also seeing conflicting reports of the actual length of the screw... I see in this thread suggested 18.2mm but on the FAQ site they list 24mm. Which is correct?

• dR0

Posted June 25, 2012 - 10:21 AM

This is an easy question I know you WR Gurus have the answer to, won't someone clue me in?

• qxbuzz

Posted June 25, 2012 - 11:42 AM

The overall length is around 24mm. The length of the threaded portion of the screw is 18.2 from the base. I cut and filed mine down to that length and have full opening of the throttle.

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.