WR 450 Rear disc

6 replies to this topic
  • wrwest

Posted June 06, 2012 - 09:34 AM

I just fitted a new rear disc to my WR 450 f 2009 model and noticed that the new disc mounting holes were not recessed like the old disc. the bolts still clears the caliper by some 2 to 3 mm when rotating

Any one have seen this - ideas longrun problems ? Would this be ok in the long run?

• kawi380

Posted June 07, 2012 - 08:53 AM

I would think as long as you have no interference and you used loctite it should be fine...but if it doesn't fit correctly I would send it back and get the right part.

• E4x4Eric

Posted June 07, 2012 - 09:30 AM

No, send it back...

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • wrwest

Posted June 08, 2012 - 03:20 AM

Well its used and cant return it so either cut the bolt heads shorter or get the disc milled to recess the heads at big moola cost......

• GuyGraham

Posted June 09, 2012 - 01:39 AM

It'll be fine
2/3mm clearance is plenty
ride it and forget all about it

• allterra

Posted June 09, 2012 - 07:25 PM

If I were to use it I would be sure to check to see if the bolts stay tight. there tends to be a lot of shear force on them and with the smaller mateing surface you could be setting your self up for ovaling the holes or wearing the bolts where they contact the disk. also make sure you use a loctite. Its amazing how much torque can build up in a disk.

• wrwest

Posted June 12, 2012 - 07:32 AM

Got the disc fitted and used thread locker on the bolts . All the bolts has got a flanged head so a lot of contact on the disc. Fitted new ferodo sintered pads and will give it a go . The disc is from moto master and seems to be well made and thicker 5mm compared to the stock 4 mm

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.