Exhaust

1 reply to this topic
  • justin mcelheny

Posted June 05, 2012 - 05:32 PM

Will a FMF PowerBomb or MegaBomb header pipe work with the stock silencer on a 2008 YZ450F?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • marv02

Posted June 08, 2012 - 08:16 PM

My FMF power bomb on my 2000 YZ426 slips in the Stock Mid pipe with no problem my after market White Brother Silencer slips into the Stock mid pipe on the other end.

I hope this helps out.

Just me the reason I changed the header pipe I purchased the bike used and it had a good size dent in the head pipe just didn't like the dent.

My understanding the after market head pipe looks cool but it dont make enough more power for the cost.

If you'rs not dented leave it alone save you'r money for something else like a sliencer let the motor breath uncork the stock pipe.

If you'r stock pipe is dented try to remove the dent frist before you buy a new pipe I tryed the the frezzer trick but it didn't work the dent was just to big.

Edited by marv02, June 08, 2012 - 08:23 PM.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.