CA plated 650R moving to NC - need info on NC laws

2 replies to this topic
  • tma

Posted October 26, 2003 - 04:18 PM


Moving from So CA & and have a plated XR650R set up for desert racing. Does anyone know if I can get a plate in NC (Just outside of Charlotte area in Union County)??? My realtor's relocation package said that NC requires a vehicle inspection when moving in from another state... Does anyone know how strict they are? Do I need to put all the street legal crap back on? Smog stuff back on?

Thanks in advance.
Tom :)

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • XR400RR

Posted October 26, 2003 - 05:29 PM


I dont know it all but as far as I know you have to have,brake light,head light,mirror,dot tires, I dont think Union is a smog county so you should be ok there.

  • big t

Posted October 28, 2003 - 09:29 AM


I have never had a dual sport bike but I have heard it is hard to get them registered in NC unless they came street legal from the factory. When I was in NC I had street bikes and you did have to get them inspected but they didn't test emissions. That was back in 1997-2001. It might help since you already have it plated in CA.

Related Content


Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.