Moab - Fall 2000 Video Available

38 replies to this topic
  • cueball

Posted April 20, 2001 - 06:21 AM

I hope that saying, ‘Better Late than Never’ is true!

I’m a couple weeks away from completion of the “Thumpertalk Moab 2000 Video”. My apologies for the delay, up to now I didn’t have all the equipment to make it happen, but I’m on it full-force now!! The video includes several hours of Helmetcam footage, many still photos taken by Bryan & ThumperDarryl, and some reasonably appropriate music (at least to MY tastes!) :D.

Now don’t be expecting any pro-quality production! I’m just a guy with some Helmetcam footage to share! If nothing else you get an excellent overview of the Flat Pass, Slickrock, Amasa Back, some 10-Mile Canyon, and some Golden Rim/Spike trails in Moab. I’m leaving the riding mostly un-cut – you can always fast-forward through the boring parts. Better too much than too little! :)

I’ll make copies available on VHS tape to anyone who is interested. The exact cost is yet to be determined (my guess is around $10), but I will only pass along actual cost of the tape, shipping, and professional duplication if volumes warrant.

I need some idea as to how many copies to have made, so I can investigate the duplication if necessary.

Get your order in by April 30th. At that time I will be counting up the total number of tapes requested and determining the final price. As with the decals (great job Bill!), there will be no mark up.

Please post here if you want a copy and ALSO email me (cueball@encompass-solutions.com) to confirm. In your email, provide your names (real & Thumpertalk), email address & shipping address. When it’s ready I’ll email you the payment details.

Bryan & Bill naturally get the free copy for all of their hard work. Polo, I owe you for the tank full of gas in Moab – you’re also covered!

Cueball.

• Ron_in_SoCal

Posted April 20, 2001 - 06:27 AM

HelmetCam Footage of Moab - sign me up! :)

• CAB

Posted April 20, 2001 - 06:32 AM

Hey Cueball- I'll take one of those also to share with the Az. guys. Check your e-mail.
Clint

• Mike_in_Silicon_valley

Posted April 20, 2001 - 06:50 AM

Cue,
Sign me up for one please.

Mike

• PMAUST

Posted April 20, 2001 - 06:55 AM

Sign me up! Thanks, Paul

• Brian_in_Long_Beach

Posted April 20, 2001 - 07:00 AM

I want one.

Brian

• MN_Kevin

Posted April 20, 2001 - 07:05 AM

I'm there!!

• Bill

Posted April 20, 2001 - 07:25 AM

Thanks Randy :) :D

Bill

------------------
97 KDX220, 86 TTR225, 99 WR400f, WR timing, throttle stop trimmed, air box lid removed, White Bros head pipe, silencer and air filter. De-octopussed. Works frame guards and Thumper Rad Guards, Scotts steering damper. Odometer and headlight removed. Cycra Pro-Bend hand and mud guards. YZ stock tank, IMS seat and number plate. Renthal Jimmy Button "highs" and Renthal Soft half waffle grips. AMA, SETRA, Happy Ramblers MXC, Rausch Creek MXC, Tower City Trail Riders.

• Bryan

Posted April 20, 2001 - 07:55 AM

Count me in. I can't wait!
Bryan...

• cueball

Posted April 20, 2001 - 08:06 AM

Bryan, I was working on the 10-Mile Canyon stuff last night & laughing out loud.

Somebody doing a little dance trying to get mud off his boots, any idea who that was Kevin?

Pumpkin was wearing the Helmetcam that day, all those blue beasts whizzing by the revved out KTM makes for great watching :) :D !

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Harold_in_So_Cal

Posted April 20, 2001 - 09:50 PM

Cueball- Totally count me in too- I can't wait. I talked about Moab till my friends were sick of me. If possible could you do a little editing and make it look like I'm in an Evil Kenivel uniform jumping off a huge ledge? Maybe a rocket?

Thanks Cue-

Harold

• TheBOS

Posted April 20, 2001 - 10:06 AM

good deal. Count me in.
-Brett

• paul913

Posted April 20, 2001 - 10:18 AM

Speaking of Evil Kenivel Harold, ... Count me in for a copy, too.

Hey Hoser,
Are you and Pumkin' still thinking of a trip south this spring? KerryT, Dave Anjos and I are planning the trip North for 9/7-9/9.

Jake

• cueball

Posted April 20, 2001 - 11:55 AM

Harold, I'm not sure that I can help you with the Knievel thing. But it's my editing skills, not your riding that are the problem!

Jake, might be able to come down in early June, but I've got a lot booked (not riding unfortunately) already. Keep me posted on your plans & I may surprise you. How far North are you coming? I hope you mean Calgary...Pumpkin & I will show you all the good stuff.

• Thumper_Darryl

Posted April 20, 2001 - 01:08 PM

Jake. Plan Is still a go for some sort of ThumperTalk ride in Calgary Sept. 7-10th (aprox) So keep the dates open. Let us know about June rides -where & when.

------------------
400 EXC--stock&great
YAMAHA 250--sold

250 sherco

• techman

Posted April 20, 2001 - 01:46 PM

Hi Cueball, count me in for a copy of the video. I've never been to Moab.

• Thumper_Darryl

Posted April 20, 2001 - 02:23 PM

Cueball. Just saw your wise-crack about the :revved out KTM: Good one. I had to slow down LOTS so we could see riders other than me screwing up. I found it really hard to ride with my head turned around 180 deg. to video the blue bikes trying to keep up to Kato (KTM), caused a bitch of a sore neck. We should try to mount the camera pointing backwards and see how it works. EH.

------------------
400 EXC--stock&great
YAMAHA 250--sold

250 sherco

• kyellen26

Posted April 20, 2001 - 03:27 PM

Count me in for one!

• cueball

Posted April 20, 2001 - 08:50 PM

If nobody minds, I'll add some sample footage of our local terrain. Tacking 15 minutes onto the end shouldn't be too bad.... We've got some great terrain, a large amount of tight single-track.

At one time Malcolm Smith rated Calgary in his top 5 wordwide! That was after Thumper Darryl (Pumpkin Hoser to the Moaber's!) gave him the guided tour up here.

Come on up/across/down in September and get a guided tour for free...can't beat the price :)

• Ward

Posted April 21, 2001 - 01:27 AM

queball-Put me down for one too please.
Ward

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.