noises in head

4 replies to this topic
  • mat

Posted September 16, 2001 - 11:50 PM

well i noticed here and there today while ridin my yz seemed to be louder in the head of the cylinder, didnt seem unusual but just like the cam chain/sprockets and valves were workin louder, i just did the valves but am going to check them again wensday, but my question is is there some kind of auto cam chain tightener on this like there were on some of the xrs or do u have to watch that as well as the valves, its a 99yz400, thanks

• Scott_F

Posted September 17, 2001 - 04:52 AM

Did you get a manual when you bought the bike?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Glen_T

Posted September 17, 2001 - 05:40 AM

The cam chain has an automatic tensioner. If you are hearing a new noise you might want to look into replacing your cb gear key.
If you search cb gear you'll find lots of info on it.

• eBayThumper

Posted September 17, 2001 - 03:05 PM

I hear noises wait...those are voices...

• Boit

Posted September 17, 2001 - 08:02 PM

When you "did" the valves, did you R&R the cams during this process? From your description, it's difficult to ascertain what's going on. Be more specific and you'll get tons of help and advice.

Related Content

Help with 2000 yz426 by weekend woods racer

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  36 replies

yz400f throttle bog by yz400fmaniac

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  28 replies

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

Is the 2016 GYTR Yamaha YZ450F too fast? by Fryboy

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • * - - - -
  • Hot  241 replies

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.