Whats this chemical metal hiding?

1 reply to this topic
  • Bigdong

Posted June 03, 2012 - 06:50 AM

<p>So after paying top dollar for a bike thats supposed to be in excellent condition the whole things seems to be falling apart. While trying to investigate the bottom end knocking im getting i stumbled across this bit of chemical metal, Im guessing this isnt a must do mod for yz's? Is it common for this to split? or loose thread? I didnt want to chip off the metal incase there is something horrible under it. Im wonderinf if the oil was even flowing through it now.

Posted Image

Edited by Bigdong, June 03, 2012 - 06:51 AM.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Krannie McKranface

Posted June 03, 2012 - 08:08 AM

The motors are very noisy, so your 'knocking' problem may not be a problem.

That looks like JB weld paste.
More than likely, it was hit by a rock, cracking the case where the fitting goes in.
That kind of looks like a 'support' beam was created to keep the fitting in line.
If it doesn't leak, I wouldn't worry about it.

Oh, and by the way, your clutch basket has a few hours on it. All those grooves might make the clutch grabby. Not a catastrophic issue, just very annoying when the clutch is inconsistent in it's feel.

Related Content

yz250x vs 450 4t comparisons (preferably desert riding) needed by JakeNorthrupYZ450F

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   Yamaha 2-Stroke
  • 9 replies

First Hare scramble tips by dhend8

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   General Dirt Bike Discussion
  • Hot  33 replies

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply

Is it worth it? (Cam and High compression piston) by macgi77

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF 150/230 F/L
  • Hot  36 replies

Thinking about Yamaha 250... by Arctic Pride

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  491 replies

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.