YZ Steering geometry same as WR ?

2 replies to this topic
  • dhvann

Posted September 16, 2001 - 05:04 PM

Does anybody out there know whether the steering geometry on the YZF is the same as the WR? And also how it compares to other WOODS bikes like DRZ's, KTM's.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • mcarp

Posted September 17, 2001 - 04:10 AM

Yes, they are the same. Compared to the DR and KTM, the YZ is slow handling in comparison. BUT, they are more stable at high speeds. Either bike can be tweaked a little for less of one thing and more of another.

I've set my WR's forks pretty high in the clamps and run my wheelbase as short as possible (smaller chain). It's a little more twitchy now, but with a damper it's still stable "enough" at high speeds (60+) It can still crawl around tress pretty well, perhaps not like an XR250...but when you consider I can rip down the dirt at a top speed of 81 mph (geared down a little) and still crawl around eastern trails, well--that's a pretty well rounded setup I think :)

• dhvann

Posted September 17, 2001 - 05:33 PM

Carp, Thanks for the info.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.