Parts compatability between '09 & '12 450f

5 replies to this topic
  • drick

Posted June 02, 2012 - 08:42 AM

I was thinking about this as i add up all the $ i might be able to save if i can salvage some of the parts on my current bike.

Can anyone point me to somewhere i can research what on my current bike will fit on the new '12?

Just as a starting point, here is my 1st pass of what i would like to reuse if possible -

What i think should fit / work:
Scotts stainless oil filter
2nd set of tires / rims (not sure if i would need new rim spacers or something else to mount them?)
Renthal 52t rear sprocket
RK Gold chain - 520x114
Shorai lithium battery

What might fit / work:
FMF Ti 4.1 SL pipe

Unknown:
FMF Ti MegaBomb
Pro Taper Evo Wyndham bend bars
Galfer stainless steel brake lines F&R

I know the bike is new, and only a few of you have them, but did anyone else go from a '09 to a '12 and try any of this yet?

TIA for any information or suggestions
D

Edited by drick, June 02, 2012 - 09:20 AM.

• drick

Posted June 02, 2012 - 09:31 AM

Shoot, now that i think about it, there is a bunch more that i would like to salvage..

What might fit / work:
Works Connection rear caliper guard
Works Connection rear master cylinder guard
TM Designworks rear chain guide
TM Designworks chain slider

Unknown:
Works Connection radiator braces
ASV F3 Series Pro controls (brake, clutch/hot start)

• MANIAC998

Posted June 03, 2012 - 05:03 AM

drick, Almost everything you mentioned should fit. I can't say for certain, but I would be extremely surprised if most of them didn't. The couple that come to mind that might not, are the radiator braces and possibly the chain slider and master cylinder guard. I still have parts that I'm using on my '06 WR450 that originally came off from my '98 YZ400!!!
Maniac

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • drick

Posted June 03, 2012 - 09:33 AM

drick, Almost everything you mentioned should fit. I can't say for certain, but I would be extremely surprised if most of them didn't. The couple that come to mind that might not, are the radiator braces and possibly the chain slider and master cylinder guard. I still have parts that I'm using on my '06 WR450 that originally came off from my '98 YZ400!!! Maniac

SWEET!!

i'm still haggling with a few dealers on pricing, so i don't have the new bike yet.

Thanks..

• drick

Posted June 06, 2012 - 07:15 AM

Talked to FMF yesterday, there apparently is no 4.1 compatability for the '12's yet..

• drick

Posted June 09, 2012 - 05:53 AM

We finished phase I of my build last night, and here is what i was able to reuse:
Shorai lithium battery
FMF Ti 4.1 SL pipe
FMF Ti MegaBomb
Pro Taper Evo Wyndham bend bars
Works Connection rear caliper guard
IMS Pro foot pegs

Here is what didn't fit so far:
Works Connection rear master cylinder guard
Works Connection radiator braces
ASV F3 Series Pro controls (brake lever would have worked, but there is no hot start on new bike, so i left them on the old bike)
No Toil Super-Flo air filter kit (apaprently new air box is incrementally different than on '09)

Talked to FMF yesterday, there apparently is no 4.1 compatability for the '12's yet..

FMF was wrong on this, both parts fit just fine

Edited by drick, June 09, 2012 - 06:05 AM.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.