supermoto tire rubbing.... forks? What?

6 replies to this topic
  • Zyzz45

Posted June 01, 2012 - 12:08 PM

This is probably something I messed up but look at these pics

Posted Image
see the tire marks on the fork?

Posted Image
Look at the edge of the tire where it lines up to the forks... it clearly is too wide....

So I was thinking since I have washers in there as ghetto wheel spacers that is my problem? I don't know though since the brake disc lines up fine inside the caliper....

Could it be that I can loosen the axle, throw more spacing in between the wheel and forks and it'll be fine? I'd think the brake disc wouldn't line up anymore....

Any help?

• allterra

Posted June 02, 2012 - 02:48 AM

Is it rubbing on both sides equaly? If not you need more space on that side, if it is then you need a smaller tire.

• RipGroove99

Posted June 03, 2012 - 05:12 AM

I have this on one side on my Supermoto, I 'think' its down to the fork legs being unevenly set in the triple clamps?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Zyzz45

Posted June 03, 2012 - 07:37 AM

it's just rubbing on that one side, it was scary because I was going like 50 down the road and caught a little air over a hump in the road and when I came down my tire mustve rubbed there and I got some serious speedwobble from my handlebars but I somehow saved it, I was just going down the road so I didn't have a helmet on haha it could've been bad

• groovy2

Posted June 03, 2012 - 02:35 PM

You need to get some help modifing your bike -- you are going to get hurt --

• yamtoy655

Posted June 04, 2012 - 06:24 PM

woah !!!! :cry:

• freeriders98

Posted June 08, 2012 - 11:33 AM

it's just rubbing on that one side, it was scary because I was going like 50 down the road and caught a little air over a hump in the road and when I came down my tire mustve rubbed there and I got some serious speedwobble from my handlebars but I somehow saved it, I was just going down the road so I didn't have a helmet on haha it could've been bad

Not to be a gear nazi...but...

Just going down the road (at 50mph) is where you'll get jacked up. When you gear up for big rides, why not for little ones just down the road? Especially on pavement!!!!

Riding is riding, if we knew when and where we would crash what fun would that be. A little bit of gravel on a road can send you sliding into anything even if its just in your driveway. A 15mph slide into a curb or tree can be just as fatal as a 100mph get off.

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.