Decompression lever/mechanism help needed urgently

5 replies to this topic
  • cage

Posted June 01, 2012 - 08:09 AM

Okay, so I had the cams out to do a valve adjustment. Removed and installed the decompression mechanism. Now when I start the bike the whole mechanism is rattling and the lever is moving too!!!! Is it possible I reinstalled incorrectly???? Tried loosening the cable to no avail. Suggestions??? Heading out of town in a few hours for a weekend trip and I need this fixed!!!

• cage

Posted June 01, 2012 - 08:15 AM

Should also mention that turning the handlebars to the right makes the bike stall.....

• cage

Posted June 01, 2012 - 08:32 AM

I think it has something to do with the return spring, anyone got a pic of how this is supposed to look?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • RasmusDK

Posted June 01, 2012 - 10:03 AM

there shouldnt be much to do wrong, you must have set the spring wrong. Since its stalling the cable must be way to tight so it pushes the valve down..

Did you re-route the cable?

• RasmusDK

Posted June 01, 2012 - 10:05 AM

Posted Image

• cage

Posted June 01, 2012 - 10:11 AM

No the cable wasn't rerouted or disconnected. I have the spring on there a different way, it's not perfect but much better. One of the group has a WR400 so I'll take a look at his setup. Thanks for posting the pic!!!!

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.