2011 yz 450f clutch

3 replies to this topic
  • NW450

Posted May 31, 2012 - 06:40 AM

So i have the timbersled snowbike kit on my 11' yz 450. I was just swapping back to my tires last night, when i went to move the bike after i was done it was in gear, so i pulled in the clutch lever and it did nothing. Tha back tire stayed locked up, i adjusted the screws on the clutch lever all the way out(tight), and all the way in(loose) with no change.

Any ideas on whats up?
Did i smoke my clutch? It ran fine with the snow bike kit on it.

If I did destroy my clutch, where can i get a replacement? I have also been looking at getting the Rekluse Exp or Exp 2.0(not sure on the differences). So if i do need to replace stuff in there i will just go that route.

Will i need new clutch packs?

Thanks for the help guys,
Andrew

• grayracer513

Posted May 31, 2012 - 08:49 AM

It's normal for the clutch not to release particularly well with a dead engine. The test is whether you can find neutral at idle with reasonable ease.

It's possible that the snow kit may have helped you beat the clutch up some and that you've distorted some of the plates so that they are no longer flat enough. In that case, the fix is to replace them. Do yourself an enormous favor and buy an OEM clutch plate kit from Yamaha (PN 2S2-W001G-10-00). The kit comes with frictions, steels, springs, and a gasket for less than the price of the plates purchased separately. Low cost aftermarket plates just do not match up to OEM stuff insofar as how well they work.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • NW450

Posted May 31, 2012 - 10:40 AM

It's normal for the clutch not to release particularly well with a dead engine. The test is whether you can find neutral at idle with reasonable ease.

It's possible that the snow kit may have helped you beat the clutch up some and that you've distorted some of the plates so that they are no longer flat enough. In that case, the fix is to replace them. Do yourself an enormous favor and buy an OEM clutch plate kit from Yamaha (PN 2S2-W001G-10-00). The kit comes with frictions, steels, springs, and a gasket for less than the price of the plates purchased separately. Low cost aftermarket plates just do not match up to OEM stuff insofar as how well they work.

Awesome, thanks gray
Any reccomendations on where to buy from?
Also, as i understand it, the OEM clutch pack will work with the rekluse later on down the road?

• grayracer513

Posted May 31, 2012 - 01:38 PM

Any reccomendations on where to buy from?
Also, as i understand it, the OEM clutch pack will work with the rekluse later on down the road?

Buy from TT OEM Parts. Support the site.

And yes, the OEM plates are one of the best choices to use with any Rekluse.

Related Content

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.