On Any Sunday>>>>>>>

15 replies to this topic
  • G-Man

Posted September 15, 2001 - 06:35 PM

I'm going riding, to free my mind from all this BS that's going on right now. I've got a lil American Flag that I acquired on a trip to Unadilla, New York (how ironic) that I'm gonna tape to my helmet and wear it proudly.

Anyone want to join me, it's gonna be a "breezy" 99 tomorrow!!!

------------------
Moto to Live
Live to Moto

http://www.geocities.com/gmann_3000/

G-Man

• Bill

Posted September 16, 2001 - 12:19 PM

G-Man,

I worked 65 hours this week and told the family I had to ride and go alone. I needed this time to myself and they understood. Our MX club had a ride day today and I got to ride a freshly prepped track.

Man I can't tell you how much better I feel. Just the little bit of time focusing on the track and then to be able to just sit in my pit (in silence) and watch the others ride was awesome.

Hope your day was as good as mine.

Bill

Now off to the middle east to start turning over rocks to find that scum bag. My thoughts and prayers to those (military) that will kick his @$$.

------------------
99 WR400f, YZ timed, MX-Tech suspension, Scotts steering damper, White Bros E-Series (12 discs), tapered header and a/f. Kouba T-handle for the fuel screw. Works Connection billet throttle tube and frame guards. Cycra Pro-Bend, triple clamp mount handguards. Thumper Racing rad guards, Renthal Jimmy Button highs, YZ Tank and IMS seat, YZ number plate, odo removed, de-octopussed (Thanks Clark) EKP #4, 50PJ, 175MJ, 100PAJ and 65 SJ at 500-1000' Thanks James Dean!

• G-Man

Posted September 16, 2001 - 03:56 PM

Originally posted by Bill:
G-Man,

I worked 65 hours this week and told the family I had to ride and go alone. I needed this time to myself and they understood. Our MX club had a ride day today and I got to ride a freshly prepped track.

Man I can't tell you how much better I feel. Just the little bit of time focusing on the track and then to be able to just sit in my pit (in silence) and watch the others ride was awesome.

Hope your day was as good as mine.

Bill

Now off to the middle east to start turning over rocks to find that scum bag. My thoughts and prayers to those (military) that will kick his @$$.

Glad to hear your day was great Bill. I needed a good day at the track too. I guess a lot of other's here in AZ thought the same thing as there were over 350 riders for PRACTICE!!!

It was cool wearing the flag, and I could see my shadow with it flapping in the breeze on my helmet. One thing I did notice it seemed like riders would give me more room and didn't do any stupid squid stuff that can happen when the track is that busy. :)

My first ride on the track was kinda hard to stay focused as they had a moment of silence, and I found that I didn't have the aggression that you need to go fast. I did stay out there a long time though and ran out of gas! LOL

My second moto I made some adjustments to my forks, the BK Mod and the bike responded great! I was now clearing all the jumps and hammering through the whoops. :D

God Bless America for allowing us to enjoy the great sport of Motocross, as there is no better Country in the World!

• F-Pilot

Posted September 16, 2001 - 04:24 PM

God Bless America for allowing us to enjoy the great sport of Motocross, as there is no better Country in the World!

Well said G!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Wish I could go and get some agression out at the track. I'm going nuts with pressure at work and then this disaster.
I hope we stomp hard on the perps and their supporters!
Have you seen Paul, I hope he's healing up ok.

[This message has been edited by F-Pilot (edited September 16, 2001).]

• RacerX

Posted September 16, 2001 - 05:24 PM

here i am f, couldn't resist firing up the pc to see what's been happening on tt lately. your bike looks great in your pic post! please excuse the criptic one handed typing. got my real cast last week. doc said the wrist surgery went well and things seem to be aligned. he implanted a t shaped plate with 8 screws, but the wrist didn't look as bad as i thought it would when they remove the staples. i did developed a man-sized hemotoma on my right hip a week after my crash. it's still really swollen and i'm still on the pain killer for my wrist and my hip. 3 weeks have past since my crash and i'm sure i won't be starting my 250f for a few more months at least. hope your healing up too. regardless, our injuries are minor compared to those of our country-men back east. god bless them and their families!

g, f an i will just have to live our riding time through you and your posts for a while longer. keep it up...

• G-Man

Posted September 16, 2001 - 05:43 PM

Glad to hear you guys are doing better, keep the spirits up, I know you will be back.
Paul, I might havta put a leash on you to keep you in control!!!

I'll be more than happy to keep u posted!

------------------
Moto to Live
Live to Moto

G-Man

• F-Pilot

Posted September 17, 2001 - 07:39 PM

Glad your back X! :D
Hope your recovery goes quick.
You mean you can type with 2 hands, WOW! :D
Are they still telling you a year to heal?

My knee seems to have hit a plateau as far as recovery goes. Doc says I've been overdoing it at work so I gotta' back off a little and give the swelling a chance to go down. :D

OT's are racing at the "new" COP Sat. nite. I think I'll go watch and see how they changed my "favorite" track. :)

------------------
'00 YZ426F
RIDE IT LIKE YOU STOLE IT!
http://communities.m...m/FPilotsPhotos

• MX_Tuner

Posted September 20, 2001 - 05:21 PM

Hey Gary, I'm going to be running pit support for a couple guys running the Vegas to Reno next week. Any chance you can make it to those parts? I built a WR 426 for the race and need to take care of my baby. I't would be great to see you again. I'll be in Reno all day Saturday.

------------------
MX Tuner

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • G-Man

Posted September 20, 2001 - 06:52 PM

Mark,
I would like to make that race and see you again, but I just started a new job, so I need to stick around town for awhile.

U see any of the ol gang, Gomer Taylbone, TMax the guy who had the hot wife, I swear she wanted to do me in talbone's trailer!!! LOL

Glad to see u made this board, RMD got too crowded for me..

------------------
Moto to Live
Live to Moto

G-Man

• Tim

Posted September 21, 2001 - 06:45 AM

I know what you mean about getting out on the bike to forget some unfortunate events. I happened to be 300 miles from home (Camping/riding) when I retrieved a message from my cell phone and found out about the WTC tragety. I was in the middle of nowhere (south-east Indiana). We went into town just to see some TV. We thought about going home a day early, but rode our asses off the next day. No place else I would rather be....
It really makes you think how good we have/had it.
Tim

• RacerX

Posted September 21, 2001 - 06:11 PM

F, recovery is slow so far but trying to keep it positive. Had to get my hip hemotoma worked on yesterday - ouch!!! The positive part, my ortho surgeon sent me to a plastic surgeon friend of his for the care of my hip. I should have gone to med school, there were more sweet things in that office than you could shake a stick at - definitely eased the pain! Still typing with one hand and don't know the recovery timeframe yet, my arm/wrist/hand are really weak but i continue to try to exercise them as much as possible but it still really hurts and trying to sleep is a whole new experience.

Do what your doc says, slow and steady - the knee will come around with time.

Let us know how Canyon looks, I know Maicoman plans to be there.

One more thing, don't crash!

• Dave_S

Posted September 21, 2001 - 07:35 PM

Hey Paul!

It sounds like you are doing well. I've been away a while but I thought I read that you didnt get any external fixation. Just screws and plates inside, is that right? The good part about that is that you can get on with therapy and healing up much quicker! I have talked to some people that had real problems develop because of the hardware in the way of tendons and muscles though. But you can have the hardware removed after everything is healed up if that is the case.

Hang in there bro. Looking forward to seeing you at the track again.

Dave S

• MX_Tuner

Posted September 23, 2001 - 04:40 AM

Gary, I still talk to Gomer a lot but Troy is AWOL and Taylbon moved to Ohio. Yeah Sherri was a hottie.

Wish us luck. We fly out Wednesday night and the race is Friday. You should see the WR 426 I built for it. The bike is way too cool.

------------------
MX Tuner

• RacerX

Posted September 23, 2001 - 06:54 AM

Hi Dave,
I'm getting along, I go back to work in a week. 4 weeks today since I crashed, I'm still kinda in a fog with the surgey and the terrorism but know things are bound to improve. Have you seen my friend/neighbor Todd on the RM at practice, haven't talked to him lately?

You're right, I have a T shaped plate about 2in x 3in with 8 screws in my wrist. Don't know how long I'll be in the cast but I plan to work hard in therapy to get the strength back. Hopefully the hardware won't limit movement, still not sure if it will stay in or come out down the road. My guess is that it will be removed at some point, hope so anyway. It's kinda gnarly knowing it's in there.

Probably come out to watch the AZ old timers when I'm feeling a little better, so I'll look for you then.

Paul

• G-Man

Posted September 23, 2001 - 01:30 PM

Tuner,

Gary, I still talk to Gomer a lot but Troy is AWOL and Taylbon moved to Ohio. Yeah Sherri was a hottie.
Wish us luck. We fly out Wednesday night and the race is Friday. You should see the WR 426 I built for it. The bike is way too cool.

------------------

So Troy disappeared huh?

Hope you guys did good!!

------------------
Moto to Live
Live to Moto

G-Man

• G-Man

Posted September 23, 2001 - 01:33 PM

Originally posted by RacerX:

Probably come out to watch the AZ old timers when I'm feeling a little better, so I'll look for you then.
Paul

Paul, yea it would be nice to see ya pal we missed you out there last night. Hope your doing better! :)

------------------
Moto to Live
Live to Moto

G-Man

Related Content

Forums
Photo

100 hrs on 2014 yz450f, shim valves or replace them? by ttr230rider6

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Yamaha   YZ 400/426/450
  • Hot  79 replies
Forums
Photo

James Stewart back on a YZ450F by YamaLink

Dirt Bike   Special Interest Forums   Pro Racing
  • Hot  47 replies
Forums
Photo

Chubby dad, looking at bikes , First trip to the orange/black forum ! by Slow_ride

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   KTM   250-530 EXC/MXC/SXC/XC-W/XCR-W (4-Strokes)
  • Hot  28 replies
Forums
Photo

Michigan Motocross Tires by 288yz450

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   North
  • 1 reply
Forums
Photo

Snake pit oct 30th by The Anvil

Dirt Bike   Dirt Bike Regional Discussion   California
  • Hot  293 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.