HOWDY, WR450 exhaust question

6 replies to this topic
  • iamsteve

Posted May 30, 2012 - 02:29 AM

Howdy guys im only new to this site and i would like to say, HI there TT.
I'm not sure if i am in the right section of the forums, but someone will be able to steer me in the right direction.

What I'm asking is if a pro circuit t-4gp full system made to suit a 06-09 yz450, would fit onto my 2007 wr450.
As im looking around for a new system and i have came across a second handy in good condition.
If you guys think there is a better system out there to suit me, (I manly ride woods and around the river), I would love to hear.

Any help would be great :cry:,

Steve.

• Rocky739

Posted May 30, 2012 - 06:10 AM

Howdy,
I'm sure the P-C exuast is nice but the ones I've heard are super loud and really meant for M-X tracks only.. If you ride where noise is a issue at all you might want to look for a quieter unit..
After being away from the sport for awhile and coming back I'm disappointed by the exuasts out there now, loud and expensive is a bad combo.. I've shopped around and the Leo Vince is the only one that seems to balance this but they don't make one for my old 2003.. bummer. That leaves me with the Lexx (Rocky Mtn house brand but looks nice) and FMF Q4 which seems to get only so so reveiws on quality.

And yes that system should fit your scooter.. But lets get a verification from someone else or call P-C..

• n16ht5

Posted May 30, 2012 - 01:03 PM

stock 07yz450f exhaust is the best system out there IMO. Q4 is nice but not cheap.

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • Just_a_trail_rider

Posted May 30, 2012 - 07:35 PM

Howdy guys im only new to this site and i would like to say, HI there TT.
I'm not sure if i am in the right section of the forums, but someone will be able to steer me in the right direction.

What I'm asking is if a pro circuit t-4gp full system made to suit a 06-09 yz450, would fit onto my 2007 wr450.
As im looking around for a new system and i have came across a second handy in good condition.
If you guys think there is a better system out there to suit me, (I manly ride woods and around the river), I would love to hear.

Any help would be great :cry:,

Steve.

Stock pipe, replace the end cap with the pro-moto billet insert. Nice and quiet, plenty of power.

• n16ht5

Posted May 30, 2012 - 10:24 PM

I have done my homework...
Posted Image

Seriously, the best pipe is the 07 YZ450F slip on with the 09' YZ450F header. Then find a cheap spark arrestor on fleabay for a random pipe and fit it inside the endcap of the YZ450F one

Don't waste your time with a PMB cap for the stocker.. it's a heavy pile of garbage with choked up resonance chambers. Mod the YZ450F pipe as seen below.. I used a White Brothers Spark Arrestor end cap
Posted Image

FMF Q4 is nice (had one) but they are $300+ for just the slip on alone.

If you are going to go big $$$ go for the Leo Vince.. better quality than FMF (had both still have the LV)

The LV is super nice, but not quite as quiet as the 07 YZF pipe (I ride secret stash)

Posted Image

Edited by n16ht5, May 30, 2012 - 10:27 PM.

• iamsteve

Posted May 31, 2012 - 01:00 AM

thanks for the help guys, i will have to check up more about the leo vince.
what other systems would you guys reccomend, just so i can get abit of an idea what is good and what is rubbish.

Also before i forget, and this may sound stupid, but is the fitment of a yz system on the wr any diiferent to fitting on made for the wr?
cheers for the help :cry:)
steve

• GuyGraham

Posted June 09, 2012 - 01:44 AM

no, they bolt right up with no mods

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.