INDICATORS INOP

15 replies to this topic
  • SEDUCE

Posted May 29, 2012 - 10:31 PM

Hey guys my WR450 03 model indicators (turn signal) have stopped working.
Can anyone tell me where the power comes from or earth is?
I changed the relay and still not working.
Thanks guys

• allterra

Posted May 31, 2012 - 03:21 AM

That is really hard to say. Are they incandecent or led. We would need in the least how it was wired seeing it has to be an after market setup. It all depends on how they (installer) wires it up. I would start with the switch and make sure that was still good. Then from there follow the wires the old fasion way make sure there are no breaks, blown inline fuse or bad connections. Once you know where the wires go then you will be able to tell where the signal stops. you can pick up a cheap meter a most parts stores or raidoshack for under $15 that will do all you will need it to do on that bike. Good luck

• SEDUCE

Posted July 11, 2012 - 03:16 AM

Hey guys they are LED turn lights but i just brought a LED flasher relay and they wont work at all now.
If i put the standard flasher relay back in they stay on solid when pressed.
Can anyone tell me what wire should go to where?
The relay is a 3 pin relay can anyone help me out?

• allterra

Posted July 11, 2012 - 03:37 AM

Hey guys they are LED turn lights but i just brought a LED flasher relay and they wont work at all now.
If i put the standard flasher relay back in they stay on solid when pressed.
Can anyone tell me what wire should go to where?
The relay is a 3 pin relay can anyone help me out?

Most of the time a "standard flasher" works on a bimetalic strip. that means the current from the incandecent lamp heats it up and it bends breaking contact then it cools and reconnects. That having been stated the LEDs don't draw enough to cause it to heat up. LED flashers often need a second power source to run a timer circut the paper work that came with the relay should explain which one is what. I have seen some set up so your input is split to the two pins so the power is only on it when there is a signal and then the output has the on/off or flash.

• kawi380

Posted July 12, 2012 - 09:32 AM

Hey guys my WR450 03 model indicators (turn signal) have stopped working.
Can anyone tell me where the power comes from or earth is?
I changed the relay and still not working.
Thanks guys

Oh sure..brag about how your Aussie bike comes street legal from the factory and something doesn't work :D Wish we could get them that way here in the states. Though mine was easy to make road legal. :)

• Thommo_400f

Posted July 14, 2012 - 01:50 AM

I have tried to use a led flasher can with no luck.
Best option is to use normal flasher and add a resistor to each led.
Other option which I did is to use normal flasher an use 2 flush mount normal bulb trailer marker indicators on rear fender which gives good resistances to my front LEDs.
Btw. I use a 2 pin relay even though 3 wires are supplied.

• SEDUCE

Posted July 14, 2012 - 02:29 AM

I have tried to use a led flasher can with no luck.
Best option is to use normal flasher and add a resistor to each led.
Other option which I did is to use normal flasher an use 2 flush mount normal bulb trailer marker indicators on rear fender which gives good resistances to my front LEDs.
Btw. I use a 2 pin relay even though 3 wires are supplied.

Oh so u couldn't get the led ones to work?
This is the diagram from the led flasher
49a goes to switch
31 is battery earth or ground
49 is battery power
I don't have standard flashers mine came with these tiny led ones
And I am trying to get it registered so need them to work....grrrrrr

• SEDUCE

Posted July 16, 2012 - 08:35 AM

Anyone able to help out at all?

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • SEDUCE

Posted August 01, 2012 - 12:35 AM

CAN ANYONE HERE HELP OUT WITH TURN SIGNALS WIRING COLOUR WHAT THEY ARE ?

• Tree__man

Posted August 01, 2012 - 01:26 AM

http://i15.photobuck...hpig450/adr.jpg

• SEDUCE

Posted August 03, 2012 - 11:48 PM

Ok guys I have 3 wires coming out of relay
1 yellow goes to earth wire
1 brown which is switch
1 green which is odometer signal light I guess
So what is what? Why won't it work?

Edited by SEDUCE, August 03, 2012 - 11:58 PM.

• SEDUCE

Posted August 04, 2012 - 12:10 AM

ok guys here is a pic of the relay i am trying to use it is a LED flasher relay.
Now i have the
yellow wire that is hooked up to a red wire that is a earth????? lol it comes up under left raditor but has continuity to earth going to 31
green that comes from the odometer harness (guessing it is for the light that flashes on odometer wh are on going to pin 49a
and the brown wire which comes from the harness that comes out of the left handle bar switch going to pin 49

But when i connect the relay they dont work at all. when i have the old one in the flash that fast i think they are on solid and also the light on odometer doesnt work or show they are on.
The old relay that was on the bike is just a 3 pin relay that has X,P,L terminals on it
X is yellow wire
P is green wire
L is brown wire

Posted Image

Edited by SEDUCE, August 04, 2012 - 12:30 AM.

• td42ti

Posted August 04, 2012 - 12:31 AM

Whereabouts are you located?

I have found that LED setups on factory systems are a massive PITA. Your best bet is to put it all back to standard for rego check (so incandescent bulbs) then figure out your fancy LEDs later.

As someone else said, you can then run trailer running lights flush mounted on the rear fender and small ones on the front. LEDs will cause you noting but trouble!

• SEDUCE

Posted August 04, 2012 - 12:47 AM

Thanks buddy yeah i would but i dont have the standard lights at all other wise i would as i am sick of this and i cant seem to fix it.
I live in Central Queensland

• td42ti

Posted August 04, 2012 - 01:50 AM

Incandescent indicators are cheap. eBay has them very cheap. SCA probably has some aswell.
Aftermarket is ok as long as the function is the same as factory. My old XR had indicator issues, going back to old school bulbs fixed it!
I have stuck with mini bulbs on the WR and stayed away from LED.

• SEDUCE

Posted August 04, 2012 - 02:48 AM

Yeah i will have a look i dont even know where the standard ones go as mine are on rear fender with a hole drilled in it for them.

Man someone must know how to get these going i am just no good with electrics i am a mechanic and hate electrics lol

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.