2013 CRF250

9 replies to this topic
  • krony506

Posted 29 May 2012 - 06:40 AM

Looks like the 2013 CRF250 is getting very little attention since they updated the 2013 450. http://powersports.h...13/crf250r.aspx

Visit the ThumperTalk Store for the lowest prices on motorcycle / ATV parts and accessories - Guaranteed
  • crf250rrider

Posted 29 May 2012 - 07:23 AM

There is very few changes to the 13. Im betting they change alot for the 2014. It seems they make big changes every 2 years on the crf250r. The new 450 looks insane.

• tvalliere220

Posted 29 May 2012 - 02:16 PM

I'm kinda dissapointed with the 2013 250. I thought they were going to change more. But I guess it will be like in 09 when the 450s had the new style and the 250s were the old style

• snoco1

Posted 29 May 2012 - 03:51 PM

I don't see why they wouldn't at least put the air fork on there. Simple change, but huge diff in weight for the 250. I'm stoked air suspension is coming to MX. I use it all the time in mountain biking and it's awesome!

I wonder if any of the other companies are going with an air fork on their 250's......

• limp1969

Posted 29 May 2012 - 04:01 PM

I don't see why they wouldn't at least put the air fork on there. Simple change, but huge diff in weight for the 250. I'm stoked air suspension is coming to MX. I use it all the time in mountain biking and it's awesome!

I wonder if any of the other companies are going with an air fork on their 250's......

Coming? you mean been there and coming back.

• j368

Posted 29 May 2012 - 04:11 PM

That's a fact. We'll see how long it lasts this go around.

• snoco1

Posted 29 May 2012 - 04:17 PM

That's a fact. We'll see how long it lasts this go around.

Well it looks like the SFF for Kawi has been working and that has been in the mtb world for a while now. So maybe the airfork thing will stick this time.

Hey I'm new to MX, cant blame me for not being as old as the dirt we ride on... haha.

• tvalliere220

Posted 29 May 2012 - 05:18 PM

I don't see why they wouldn't at least put the air fork on there. Simple change, but huge diff in weight for the 250.

as simple as it sounds it isn't easy. They had to re design the whole frame around the new sff fork to keep the bike balanced and blah blah blah.

But i have a question with air forks now coming along is there such thing as an air shock? or something around this besides the standard nitrogen/oil shock we have now?

• snoco1

Posted 29 May 2012 - 05:56 PM

as simple as it sounds it isn't easy. They had to re design the whole frame around the new sff fork to keep the bike balanced and blah blah blah. But i have a question with air forks now coming along is there such thing as an air shock? or something around this besides the standard nitrogen/oil shock we have now?

Sorry not trying to thread jack here.....

Well I know with sleds/snowmobiles and atv's they have them. For the downhill mountain bikes they tried them, but just didn't have the same feel as a coil. So I quess it could be possible....

Found a decent vid too... http://atvondemand.c...w&vid_id=100879

Posted Image

Edited by snoco1, 29 May 2012 - 06:04 PM.

• tvalliere220

Posted 29 May 2012 - 06:19 PM

Sorry not trying to thread jack here.....

Well I know with sleds/snowmobiles and atv's they have them. For the downhill mountain bikes they tried them, but just didn't have the same feel as a coil. So I quess it could be possible....

Found a decent vid too... http://atvondemand.c...w&vid_id=100879

Posted Image

wow haha i forgot all about fox floats... i have those on my snowmobile

Related Content

Forums
Photo

250f maintenance and repair costs by champie

Dirt Bike   General Dirt Bike Forums   What bike should I buy?
  • Hot  37 replies
Forums
Photo

2012 air4orce airbox on 2011 by avoidthedog

Dirt Bike   Make / Model Specific   Honda   CRF250R
  • 7 replies
Wiki
$10 PGM-FI HRC Tuner Tool - last post by calco88

$10 PGM-FI HRC Tuner Tool

Wiki Articles
  • 0 replies
Forums
Photo

Locked Up 2005 CRF250R by Morningstar611

• Hot  63 replies
Forums
Photo

***Front Fender** by Stealth parade

• 3 replies

x

Join Our Community!

Even if you don't want to post, registered members get access to tools that make finding & following the good stuff easier.

Register Close
If you enjoyed reading about "" here in the ThumperTalk archive, you'll LOVE our community. Come join ThumperTalk today!

The views and opinions expressed on this page are strictly those of the author, and have not been reviewed or approved by ThumperTalk.